Which is your favourite suburb in Brisbane..?(of an IP)

Those properties were selling for under 200k less than 2 years ago

Yes and now they sell just shy of 400 so I guess that's almost double? Wow must of been one massive shift of population in those 2 years and the biggest explosion of jobs brisbane has ever seen to drive that sort of growth because that's all it takes for cg isn't it according to you? Or maybe you just
Need to wake up and realise that sometimes property just goes up because it wants to

Yes and now they sell just shy of 400 so I guess that's almost double? Wow must of been one massive shift of population in those 2 years and the biggest explosion of jobs brisbane has ever seen to drive that sort of growth because that's all it takes for cg isn't it according to you? Or maybe you just
Need to wake up and realise that sometimes property just goes up because it wants to

That was because most of the suburb was underwater

Prices normally drop after something like that... Try getting insurance as well
Then as years go by people's memory fade or unaware southern investors push prices back up as it looks undervalued

I am a rookie with one IP.
I see most of the investors are excited about potential of Brisbane and lots of you are planning to buy in Brisbane.. But more I try to research on this more confusing it gets especially seeing the historical trend of Brisbane...

which is your favorite suburb in Brisbane that is less than 400K

any tip to focus my research on would be a great help.

algester
rochedale south
acacia ridge
bracken ridge

A box of beers says Within the next 3-5 years you won't be able to buy a house under 400k within 30 km of almost any capital city in Australia, it's probably
Almost there now by I've been a bit lazy and haven't checked out Adelaide :eek:yet and hobart doesn't really count

Yep clearly you have been lazy because there are plenty of places under 400k and even 300k

Adelaide, Melbourne

Probably not in Darwin but that's smaller than Townsville so not worth investing

Just like Logan is as well I guess, miles away, miles and miles and miles away ...you could almost say that it's in Northern Territory, way way up in the middle of nowhere just like TOWNSVILLE

wow buddy some great calls going on here ...in a few years time once brisbane goes nuts your gonna have a whole lotta egg all over your face and yeah you'll still be sitting down in Beaumaris Melbourne saying that everything is too far away and bla bla bla bla bla

Got a place in Brisbane , Birkdale purchased 2013

A litter further out than we wanted but got a very tired 3 bedder on a 1400sqm block for 370k

A little off topic, but has anyone noticed the sudden onset of mainstream media attention to SEQ in the last week or so? There must have been 5 topics in the prime time news tonight, and daily articles now in the likes of the courier mail, that bastion of truth. I havent seen amazing 2015 data to really support a change, but it seems a 'hype' is building.

Or maybe it's just my confirmation bias and optimism.

That was because most of the suburb was underwater

Prices normally drop after something like that... Try getting insurance as well
Then as years go by people's memory fade or unaware southern investors push prices back up as it looks undervalued

No problem with insurance,every investor I talked too have full flood cover
but most are in the low 2k costs per year plus,i'm not trying to sell the area
just one of the low cost like Logan and several other areas that people pass by..imho..

No idea what they are worth now (but they were this price when I lived there years ago) - Bullimba, Hawthorne, Teneriffe, New Farm, Paddington & Milton. I think that they may have moved a little now.

No problem with insurance,every investor I talked too have full flood cover
but most are in the low 2k costs per year plus,i'm not trying to sell the area
just one of the low cost like Logan and several other areas that people pass by..imho..

Yeah I was referring to just after the floods

I bet premiums were significantly higher

Which makes it hard to sell and causes price to drop

No idea what they are worth now (but they were this price when I lived there years ago) - Bullimba, Hawthorne, Teneriffe, New Farm, Paddington & Milton. I think that they may have moved a little now.

None of these places would have had any houses under 400 three years ago. They were, and still are, some of the blue ribbon suburbs of Brisbane.

I'd go for something like this...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-zillmere-118527551

13km from CBD. Around 100m walk to shopping centre. Nice 650m2 block in what looks to a quiet street. Sold for for $348k. I assume it would rent for around $350/ week.

Cheers,
Clint

Still a few bargains around in Zillmere although this one looks pretty small with a bit of work to do. It appears to have sold at it's land value so someone has done well.

I would suggest Calamvale, Runcorn, SBH. You get TH or units which would yield around 6 to 7 %. Cheers
I just sold my TH in SBH with a 6.3% yield.. Thought I could get the money to work better elsewhere. In hindsight it still would have performed ok I think.. Although there is a massive supply of TH in the area, prices have been moving up with Chinese investors.

I'm now looking in the $500-$650k bracket (4-8km ring) and competition is fierce :eek: Attended two auctions today and both went quite a bit higher than I thought.. It's also interesting that every second house is going to auction now. 5-10years ago it was probably less than 1 in 10?? Me no likey.

I'm now looking in the $500-$650k bracket (4-8km ring) and competition is fierce :eek: Attended two auctions today and both went quite a bit higher than I thought.. It's also interesting that every second house is going to auction now. 5-10years ago it was probably less than 1 in 10?? Me no likey.

Yeah, I lived in Brisbane for years so pretty familiar with prices up there. If you got in prior to late 2013/early 2014 you would have done alright but I think it's overpriced now, a lot of interstate people getting caught up in the hype who don't want to miss out. Definitely not looking there at the moment. Will be interesting if Sydney pops shortly...

In what suburbs were the auctions that you went to today, if you are happy to share? And what did you think they would go for (and why - just straight comparison of other similar houses in the same suburb?) against what they sold for today?

Hi Wylie, I'd prefer not to mention the suburb names till after my next purchase ;) those two auctions may have been too unique for comparable sales too..

First one was in a blue chip suburb. I thought it was beyond salvaging so a knock down. Land value for 400sqm in this suburb might be $550 at a stretch. But it was in a bit of a valley (potential hot box), land had a bit of a slope, slight traffic noise and there was no crossover. Sold for $600k. 16 registered bidders.

The second one was more interesting. It had exceptional city views in an area full of reasonably renod post war houses. It wasn't a knock down but the price it went for I assume they would rebuild. Paid $750k with 13 registered bidders. If they spend $500-600 on a rebuild - I'm not sure it's worth $1.3m if all the houses in the street and nearby streets are renod post war houses under a $1m? Very big risk..

Back