Which is your favourite suburb in Brisbane..?(of an IP)

I am a rookie with one IP.
I see most of the investors are excited about potential of Brisbane and lots of you are planning to buy in Brisbane.. But more I try to research on this more confusing it gets especially seeing the historical trend of Brisbane...

which is your favorite suburb in Brisbane that is less than 400K

any tip to focus my research on would be a great help.

I see most of the investors are excited about potential of Brisbane and lots of you are planning to buy in Brisbane.. But more I try to research on this more confusing it gets especially seeing the historical trend of Brisbane...

Logan or Ipswich

ipswich, logan, morten bay, anything but inner bris!

if you are feeling adventurous Toowoomba is also worth a look.

Calamvle... not too far from CBD, good shopping, schools, good yield, good CG prospects. I am bias because I own property there

There are a few in Rocklea-4106,, that are in that price range a few are above the 2011 floods levels,and rocklea is 15 minutes from the cbd,good transport shops aldi 5 minutes -just have to be very careful to find the properties above the flood lines,most of the links would be in this site just do a quick search..imho..

Calamvle... not too far from CBD, good shopping, schools, good yield, good CG prospects. I am bias because I own property there

I have property there but I wouldn't buy there again, even though there has been great CG. I still prefer Sunnybank or SBH because it's closer to the action, but Calamvale had the benefit of being very new so it's a beautiful area that attracts, particularly cashed up Asians who are generally obsessed with new. The oldest part of Calamvale is like 25 years whereas SB and SBH is like 50-60 years. The only part of Calamvale I would buy now is the part that is across the road from Sunnybank Hills Shoppingtown. I always like to be close to the shops.

Read the post.

Can you show us a property in inner Bris under $400K. We would all want one.

There are some. But they usually require a lot of work, to bring them up to a rentalable standard. Think the old Qld Worker Cottages, which haven't had any maintenance done for 10-20 years.

There are a few in Rocklea-4106,, that are in that price range a few are above the 2011 floods levels,and rocklea is 15 minutes from the cbd,good transport shops aldi 5 minutes -just have to be very careful to find the properties above the flood lines,most of the links would be in this site just do a quick search..imho..

Rocklea? No way (see pic):

Attachments

• Rocklea.jpg
    Rocklea.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 191
Read the post.

Can you show us a property in inner Bris under $400K. We would all want one.

Relax

I was just asking Jamez why he said not inner city - I wanted to know what he was referring to , apartments?

My favourite would be Deagon or brighton

Those properties were selling for under 200k less than 2 years ago

Those properties were selling for under 200k less than 2 years ago

Yes they were and most of them the water went over the roof during the 2011 floods,not everywhere in rocklea floods anywhere the markets side yes,the railway line side several small pockets don't flood and some have been rezoned in line with development values,that's why it's still low entry cost,compared to the location..

Strathpine is moving quickly but still possible to get a reasonable house there according to a friend who has just bought there. Kallangur is also good value as it's close to the booming North Lakes area. Very hard to get anything decent under 400 within 12ks CBD of Brisbane.

A box of beers says Within the next 3-5 years you won't be able to buy a house under 400k within 30 km of almost any capital city in Australia, it's probably
Almost there now by I've been a bit lazy and haven't checked out Adelaide :eek:yet and hobart doesn't really count

Deception bay is too far out and almost overpriced

You could get placed for 180k two years ago

Just like Logan is as well I guess, miles away, miles and miles and miles away ...you could almost say that it's in Northern Territory, way way up in the middle of nowhere just like TOWNSVILLE

wow buddy some great calls going on here ...in a few years time once brisbane goes nuts your gonna have a whole lotta egg all over your face and yeah you'll still be sitting down in Beaumaris Melbourne saying that everything is too far away and bla bla bla bla bla

Back