Which one? Redcliffe, Brighton or Slacks Creek

A couple of weeks ago I spent a couple of days around logan ect, really wasn't that bad just like any other place:)

Most of Mt Druitt looks ok during the day as well .;)

The issue with those types of areas are most of the people are fine , but there is a decent rat bag element and if you get one as a tenant or a neighbour it will make life hell .

As you walk out the front door they go over the fence to break in , or as a tenant we had in Logan , or should I say their kids threw Sh...it at the neighbours .....who were justifiably unimpressed .....

Cliff

I bought in Redcliffe in February, after flying up from Sydney and having a look around.

The town centre is pretty decent and just down the road Scarborough is a very nice place. I liked the vibe there, so took the plunge.

Overall, I'd say Redcliffe has some decent potential, and there are still some bargains around, although not so many sub $300k opportunities in recent months.

Two senses

I couldn't decide so i went both :cool:

Me too!

FWIW: Logan is a large area and there is a significant variance between suburbs, socioeconomially. Mount Warren Park for example is very different to Eagleby.

Logan doesn't have the land scarcity factor though that the Redcliffe peninsula does, though the former is wedged nicely in between Australia's 3rd and 5th largest cities.

With horses in both races, I do however have a slightly better feeling about Redcliffe from a CG perspective. Logan would be my play however if I was a little more CF conscious.

Whatever you decide - best of luck!

I have bought a couple of places in Redcliffe. Seems like a great spot, good facilities, schools, hospitals, beachside boardwalk, cafes, train line at Kippa Ring commenced, Cosco going ahead in North Lakes. Property managers' terrific and had tenants lined up at good rates prior to settlement. Bought these sight unseen, numbers stacked up and so far so good!

I have bought a couple of places in Redcliffe. Seems like a great spot, good facilities, schools, hospitals, beachside boardwalk, cafes, train line at Kippa Ring commenced, Cosco going ahead in North Lakes. Property managers' terrific and had tenants lined up at good rates prior to settlement. Bought these sight unseen, numbers stacked up and so far so good!

What does Costco at north lakes have to do with redcliffe ??

Sorry to be rude but why do people often hang their hats on shopping chains/ stores

I wouldn't move to redcliffe because of Costco in north lakes

Sorry to be rude but why do people often hang their hats on shopping chains/ stores

You mightn't shop for bargains but plenty of consumers do. Consumers = tenant pool

You mightn't shop for bargains but plenty of consumers do. Consumers = tenant pool

I shop for a bargain

Don't see how it has anything to do with the success of an investment property

Plenty of crap areas have all the shops and amenities in the world

And there's lots of really nice places which have bugger all in the way of amenities

I shop for a bargain

Don't see how it has anything to do with the success of an investment property

Plenty of crap areas have all the shops and amenities in the world

And there's lots of really nice places which have bugger all in the way of amenities

True! I imagine Costco would boganise a place, but I don't want to dwell on the negative. Forget Costco - The whole region is so much nicer than it was 20 years ago in my opinion - what would I know about desirability to other people?

I think the premise is that places like Bunnings and Woolies do a lot of research on where to open new stores - often identifying them as growth areas.

Thus individuals can interpret these as signals, or "piggy back" their research.

Last edited:

Gosh, I wasn't implying that I bought in an area because Costco was being built. I am new to this forum and I thought it was about advice and helpful comments and I thought adding my recent experience with my last few purchases might have been helpful. I'm sure, like other people, the amount of hours researching where to buy IPs can sometimes get overwhelming. Regardless, in my opinion, a good range of facilities can help make an area attractive for home owners and tenants. Just sharing my thoughts. Oh, and I don't plan on living in Redcliffe either.

Looking at Slacks Creek. There are a few nice places before Queens Rd (back towards Underwood). Not sure why the places hasn't ballooned up compared to Underwood, Springwood and Daisy Hill, but I like the convenience of the M1.

Investment with the option of Occupying further down the years.

Do you believe Slacks Creek is a good place to invest? Or should we go into Woodridge?

Since you already have a property in Logan Central, I would probably go one of the northside locations just for diversity. Near the new train-line as you suggest is probably a good bet. But be careful of some areas around there such as streets in Deception Bay and Caboolture which were recently flash-flooded quite badly from that east cost low depression (beginning of may).

Having said that, I owned a 3 BR house in Slacks Creek from 2003 to 2009, paid $185k and sold for $292k. Prices dropped a bit after this and have recently bounced back but I would not say it has risen much compared to 6 years ago. Rental demand and yield were good, there was an issue with a tenant falling behind in rent for a few weeks but the property manager handled it well and they paid up before being taken to a tribunal. I also lived in this property for 15 months and didn't have any issues with break-ins or violence. I think slacks creek will grow steadily along with woodridge, logan central, kingston and it has the advantage of being near the SE freeway, Ikea, Logan Hyperdome and borders Springwood/Daisy Hill which are a bit more up-market.

Back