Which PIA software to purchase???

W

WebBoard

Please will someone advise me which is the best PIA software option to buy.
I am a first time investor, looking to make this a profession.
Thanks
Arn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Simple really. If you are going to make a profession of property investing
then buy the professional version!!!

Reply: 1.1

There are two versions available to investors (PIAper and PIAfpu) and one for professionals whose role is helping investors (PIApro).

The PIA Personal (PIAPer- $140 incl GST), formerly called the Advanced Personal, will help you do a cash flow analysis on any investment property you can imagine. You can use it to analyse the tax implications of the investment as well as work out an internal rate or return on your investment. Just a couple of clicks with the mouse, enter a couple of variables and you will know what an investment property is going to cost you after tax, and what sort of a return it offers. If you want to know precisely, you have the option of specifying up to a 100 or so different variables that relate to the property, the loan and to you the investor. When you have used the program to answer all your "what if" questions in relation to growth rates, inflation rates, interest rates, loan type, etc., at the click of a button you can generate a detailed financial report to take to the bank manager to show him (or her) that indeed you have done your sums, you can afford the investment, and you are a worthy risk to lend money to.

The PIA Personal Professional (PIAFpu - $245 incl GST) is a single-user personal-use version of our Professional program. It has all the functionality of the Personal plus a lot more bells and whistles. Designed for professionals, it is a much more visual program with extensive graphic screens (designed for demonstrating negative gearing to others) and has a suite of property-related calculators (for answering any questions ever asked of them). Whereas the PIAPer has the one spreadsheet (investment analysis), the PIAFpu has four. The additional ones cover (1) home loan analysis, (2) linked loan analysis and (3) interactive portfolio building up to 40 years.

If you are just starting out with investment property, I would recommend the PIAPer version. If, at a later stage, you find that you need the extra functionality of the PIAFpu software, you are welcome to upgrade for just the difference in price. If you already have a property or two or are going to be using the software extensively, I would definitely recommend the PIAFpu version.

Demo versions of all our software are available from our web site (www.somersoft.com.au).

Back