Which Question?

Hi All
Newbie here, Thanks for this great web site. Glad I have found it.
I'm not exactly a newbie for IP's, got 2, one for 14 years and 2nd 7yrs, both are +ve and gaining value.
This is the year I have decided to take this a bit more seriously, as it started with a promo letter from the bank, I actualy read it and found it was the trigger I needed. Bacicaly they suggested that I have a lot of equity and perhaps may be interested in useing it.
So the re-search has begun.

I started with a book, 0 - 130 properties bla bla. To be honest, didn't finsh it. Then I decide it was out of date with our higher interest rate of today, grabed a more up to date book, 3 months old, great refernece material, but not much for the get up and go I need.

Now in these pages I see.....
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9404
Where it list these books....
1. More Wealth from Residential Property by Jan Somers
2. The Seven Steps to Wealth by John Fitzgerald
3. Real Estate Riches by Dolf De Roos

SO My question is what are some up to date books you good people can recomend for me.

Something that is of great interest for me is info via the net, as I work OS. Other then these pages, is there something available.
I am inspired by Brenda Irwins entry here....
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8756
I am now looking for more up to date info on how they are going now. I see lots of posts.

As I signed up to the web site via the 0 - 130 properties book, my in-box is now full of invites to releive me from the burdon of my money. I have no problem with doing educational courses, it is how I got to where I am with my work, just have trouble giveing $ when the info on what it buys is hard to get.
But to be honest, part of me doubts the need for a course at all, when I got a guy at the bank who can come to my home for free, financial professionals near by who are happy to sell me the qualified time for in depth one on one sessions, plus family and friends who are no dummy's and who's time is easily bought with a beer.
To be honest here, I quite possibly have the answers in me already to get where Brenda (no conection I should point out, just a posative reference) is, just lack the confidence perhaps.
Any suggestions for obligation free info or books, much appreciated. Also on line course to, as I don't have the time when I am home.
Thanks again, and thanks for the postie's at the top of the pages with the references in one place, great idea.

Welcome to SS Allmine. Nice to have you aboard. I've read the usual books that most have read here, but nothing published in the past 12 months. I also haven't done any courses...just haven't found the need to part with those sort of dollars, when I could be investing them.

Most of what I've learned in the past 12 months has come from this forum, as I found it such a rich source of information and opinion. FWIW, I'd just keep browsing through the threads, and post some questions of your own.

IMHO, you don't need to go to any "course". Most of them are designed to make the presenter wealthy, not you. Most information you want can be found right here on the forum, for free. This place is the best value, in regards to investing, that I have found.

Hi a question about courses.
I went to Think and Grow rich course where they had guest speakers sprouting their business and getting people to sign up. One was a young property developer, Carly Crutchfield (sp). She made it all sound so easy. Many people rushed to sign. Can't remember price. Quite a few thousand. Man sitting next to me was a property developer and said it's not THAT easy and costs more than she made out.

I went to a few (free) Positive Real Estate workshops. They are buyers agents and have a mentoring program ($8,000). They meet monthly. I went to one meeting as a guest. They source properties and sounded good (don't they all).

I'm just a beginner and my main thing is sourcing what properties to buy and where. How do you get to know areas outside where you live. They make it sound so easy that they do all the work, find properties, do the research on areas etc.
I'm not promoting them. I haven't joined or anything. From dealings with them they don't think women are serious investors (silly silly men). They insisted on calling my husband who kept telling them to call me. I'd welcome your thoughts on it though.

I have been going to lots of courses on property. wealth creation, personal growth etc and they all seem to advocate life coaches to obtain your goals (even high achievers have life coaches etc). Is it just a sales pitch?

they all seem to advocate life coaches to obtain your goals (even high achievers have life coaches etc). Is it just a sales pitch?

I'm all in favour of "life coaching"...starting with a bit of introflection and reading, and then having a long sensible chat with myself. :D I suspect some people forget about their own free resource...themselves!

Well said, sailor - couldn't agree more! I've always believed that the person who knows you best is YOU - and you can't leave out little details or try to hide a 'little something' from yourself! There's nothing like the occasional 'talking to' or self-administered 'kick in the butt' to jolt you out of a bout of procrastination/laziness/whatever!!!

Cheers
LynnH

Back