Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I Like To Swing

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other Political Parties

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently Labor.

Entrenched polarised party voters are useless and hardly help the system to weed out the inferior governments, by leaving it up to swing voters every election, so I try to keep myself from becoming locked into a one party perspective.

However, the Liberal party is currently making it hard to see them as a viable alternative, with so far with crazy Abbott, inferior economic policies alternatives and being a pure oppositional government, than critical alternative government.

And hey, maybe if Turnball was still in charge I'd at least give them an ear.

Entrenched polarised party voters are useless and hardly help the system to weed out the inferior governments, by leaving it up to swing voters every election, so I try to keep myself from becoming locked into a one party perspective.

If only the parties were able to give us something to swing on.

The idea of voting purely on policy assumes that parties offer policy which is competitive, dynamic, and fits no particular party ideal.

However the policies offered by the ALP and the Coalition are easily guessed. Name an issue (eg. health, environment, taxes) and one can all so easily predict the policy each party will put forth.

Therefore, voters tend to align themselves with the party which suits their ideal, beliefs, values, etc, as the policies always seem to follow those ideals, beliefs and values.

How can one be a swinging voter then? We know and can predict the two party stance on issues.

Perhaps one can only swing on how one perceives a leader or how much one "likes" the leader of a party over the leader of another......

However, the Liberal party is currently making it hard to see them as a viable alternative, with so far with crazy Abbott

Well if we are swinging based on leaders, I won't be voting that crazy Rudd guy. He spent all our dosh and seemingly acheived none of his objectives.

Bene:

The problem with that assumption of alignment is that there is only clear cut left-right spectrums in political thought. What if you're a social democrat who believes in privitisation and border security? Or a neo-liberal who believes in gender quotas? Polarisation is not necessary, its fabricated within pseudo-intellectual thought. Hell, just look at how many traditionally liberal voters are erring at the possibility of voting for Abbott.

And then theres the possibility of a wet-liberal preferring a more centrist left other the hard right. As much as we'd all like a black and white, its all grey. Or brown :p

And couldn't help it but talking about easily guessing parties policy:

Labor Party: pushing for a market based ETS

Liberal Party: pushing for a business funded paid maternity leave.

Doesn't fit that normal left-right spectrum huh?

I like to swing...

I have spoken to the wife about it and she understands.

:p

As to the predictability of the parties I disagree. For example, the attitude of the Liberal party to the environment and energy security only turns on whether Turnbull or Abbott are in favour at that particular time. There are parties within parties and my vote depends on who has the upper hand.

Krudd quit,
what an absolute dud

even Gough (?) :: go out swinging, slagging off at Kerr & Kerr's Cur till the end

For Aus' sake dont vote the **expletive**s back in

Last time I voted, a tv reporter asked me for a comment.

I was on tv for about 5 seconds, and for the next week, EVERYONE was telling me how they saw me on tv :confused:

Just thought I'd share my 5 seconds of fame :D

Back