• One Nation

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I Like To Swing

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other Political Parties

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given some of our recent polls, and our interest in property I though it'd be interesting to know. In an ideal world how would you prefer to vote? Dont worry its a secret ballot :)

Dont understand why we can't do it online. Always a big queue at the local school where the polling booth is :/

the end result should not surprise you .............

diversity of belief for sure, but free enterprise is really only fostered by one and a half parties and even they get it part wrong sometimes

ta
rolf

i had to put swing because their in no "independents" choice ... although i do choose independent with #2 being liberal.

Been voting for 40+ years and have always been a conscience voter.......Liberal, Labour and/or Independants depending on the circumstances at the time. I was always bemused by the dyed in the wool, brain washed, party voters I knew.

:cool:

Given some of our recent polls, and our interest in property I though it'd be interesting to know. In an ideal world how would you prefer to vote? Dont worry its a secret ballot :)

I'm a Liberal voter.

Why? Because their main objective is to encourage endeavor, entrepreneurship, investment, commerce - all the things that make an economy grow and build wealth for the Nation.

More jobs, business security etc.

Through all this we have more employment, more opportunity to succeed.

Of course, the onus is on us under a Liberal Gubbmint to get off our couch and do stuff for ourselves and not have our hand out for someone else to feed it.

I'm a Liberal voter.

Why? Because their main objective is to encourage endeavor, entrepreneurship, investment, commerce - all the things that make an economy grow and build wealth for the Nation.

More jobs, business security etc.

Through all this we have more employment, more opportunity to succeed.

Of course, the onus is on us under a Liberal Gubbmint to get off our couch and do stuff for ourselves and not have our hand out for someone else to feed it.

Amen to this.

Labor has always seemed like the welfare givers IMO.

I have voted Labor since I started voting.

Not because I understand or agree with their policies or opinions etc, just because my Parents have done so for so many years.

"Labor for the poor and Liberal for the rich" was what my Dad told me when I was young. Im not so sure now. Maybe I am part of bunch my Dad considers "Rich" now?

I'll be sure to give my vote more consideration now im a family man with a mortgage and kids.

Cheers

Mick

edited quote
should be??,
labor to MAKE the poor, liberal to MAKE the rich

Hahaha...

It seems that way does'nt it.

I just know that every politician I have ever seen make a speech etc, I do not believe one word that comes out of their mouth, so im a little sceptical of them all these days.

With the investment strategy I have, I spose I can make money no matter who is in "power", the only factor that is weighing in now is schooling, as ill have 1 possibly 2 kids going to school in 3-4 years time.

Cheers

Mick

"Labor for the poor and Liberal for the rich" was what my Dad told me when I was young. Im not so sure now. Maybe I am part of bunch my Dad considers "Rich" now?

No offense to your dad, but almost without exception - in my experience - the Labor voters I have met have varying levels of "us (or me) versus the boss/es". You can even throw in the "us/me versus the rich".

Now, to me this is a victim mentality. It is subtle in a number of people, but the message is there - they are resentful of the boss and would like to have what he/she has, or are resentful that he/she has a say over their actions...I don't know exactly.

It's always about what is in it for them; not what is in it to better the whole company, community etc.

As an employer, I am always going to be a lot more accommodating towards an employee who goes that little bit further and thinks of how he can do his/her job better, how he can offer more to the overall good of the company, puts up their hand to do overtime etc.

The guy who only punches the clock and holds out the hand for the meagre payrises all the time....well, they get what they deserve.

I've always made a consious effort to think the opposite to this - the boss has done well (of course; this is a perception in many cases and not always reality)...how can I get to be like him/her?

How can I become more valuable to the workplace?

Once someone starts to think like this, they start to adopt the mindset (unconsciously) to learn how to do what the boss has done, and the result comes from here.

No offense to your dad, but almost without exception - in my experience - the Labor voters I have met have varying levels of "us (or me) versus the boss/es". You can even throw in the "us/me versus the rich".

Oh no offence would be taken. :D

Dad left school at form 2, still cant read or write 100% and pretty much wouldnt know a good investment if it bit him in the a$$.

However, he is probably the hardest most honest worker I know. Always works his RDO and averages about 20 hours over time per fortnight. he has worked for the same company for over 25 years and has done shift work for all those years. Up at 4am, leaves home at 4.45am to get to work at 5.45am (15mins early) to start at 6.00am for one week, then does an arvo shift the week after @ 2.00pm start.

He is a machine and only knows what he has been told by the unions over the years. He goes on about the "Free" shares the company he works for has given him. He is a funny man who keeps to himself. Both Dad and Mum will retire in debt, however, hopefully by that time my wife and I will be a position to help them live confortably until they leave this Earth :D

Oh, and yes, he does have a me/us VS the boss mentalitly. Hahaha. Strong union views are first in his mind. He has to have some sort of hobbie to keep him occupied. hahaha

Cheers

Mick

With the investment strategy I have, I spose I can make money no matter who is in "power"

Yes, but to carry out the theory of the political parties in your situation - Liberal in theory will encourage your entrepreneurial spirit and want you to take care of yourself.

Labor in theory aren't huge on helping you get there in the first place, and if you do make it yourself, you can be sure they'll be there once you get there with their hands out trying to find new and inventive ways to take a little bit extra of what you've made to support those poor battlers who haven't done what you have.

To me it's a no brainer, but hey I'm clearly biased. :)

Liberal Democratic Party Baby!
If they had a representative in my area. Failing that I guess I'll vote independent, or Libs if on the off chance Turnbull gets back in.

Back