White guilt and racism double-standards

it is a good thing this education industry fracas is collapsing.....both fed govts were too incompetent and money hungry to regulate the colleges, and were greedy happy to take the money of poor developing nation students.

it was not only immoral, but spineless and racist for both govts not to take a stronger regulatory stance in what went on.

and then, for all levels of govt to come out and claim Indian students getting bashed isn't racially motivated, is beaucratic small minded idiocy of the highest calibre.

For all those calling others racist here, I don't know why they aren't doing the same to the government galahs dealing with this now.

I have a lot of respect for many aspects of Indian culture, history, and religion....but not their version of bureacracy.......I spent 8 months there nearly 20 years ago......and know many very noble and intelligent Indians. and I am embarassed and angry at the way our government has dealt with the violence dealt upon the students that come here.

Sorry if that sounds racist to some.

If we've done nothing but call you racist for your beliefs, I belive we can say the same fo you - what have you done besides ridicule our beliefs ?

Have you done naythign to promtoe more of waht you're going on about any more than we hon the other side fo your fence have ?

You say were not mutli culti, we say we are. Obvioulsy the definiation is different.

We have mutliple cultures living hreere, heaps of them. anglo's dont even make up 50% anymore of the population. Thta's mutlicultarl enough for me to call it multicultural.

You seem to suggest that until it gets perfect, we are not multi cuti. Are you suggesting we are not because of design or beacue it is jsut a matter of time that it takes for things to develop ?

but what do I know, apparently me & my parents are true racists cause we immigrated away from our home country to here.

For all those calling others racist here, I don't know why they aren't doing the same to the government galahs dealing with this now.

Are you serious ? This must be one time where uus Aussie's decided not to have a go at the govt, from my epxierence were pretty bloody good at it. Maybe we're slipping

BTW, you seem to understand the whoel sceanrio pretty good and seem to be able to draw it out clearly ... what complaints ahve you made to the govt thataobut this being that you care etc for your country ?

is it more / less racist for you not to do anything than me or someone else with a different opinion to you ?

Are you serious ? This must be one time where uus Aussie's decided not to have a go at the govt, from my epxierence were pretty bloody good at it. Maybe we're slipping

BTW, you seem to understand the whoel sceanrio pretty good and seem to be able to draw it out clearly ... what complaints ahve you made to the govt thataobut this being that you care etc for your country ?

is it more / less racist for you not to do anything than me or someone else with a different opinion to you ?

Have you been drinking?

My thoughts exactly, Mark. ;)

Amy

Curious and curiouser. If anything govts in recent years have been populated with bureaucrats expert in all manners of political correctness with consequences in expanding trade (pro) and pressures on domestic tolerance (con).

Read this today

Whenever I?m in England someone invariably says to me: ?Oh you are Australian. We really don?t think it?s right what you people did to the Aborigines.? And I always reply, ?Hang on, wasn?t that you??
- Greg Fleet

I am sure there are a few Poms who wish their ancestors were shipped off to OZ to "colonise for Mother England".

We are lucky to be born here and if the aboriginals can ever decide what exactly "reconciliation" is, we can do it and all move on.

It seems like all these problems could be solved by having a totalitarian single world government and culture, accompanied by ruthless persecution of anyone who doesn't conform to the global culture.

Kinda combine Skynet with 1984.

if the aboriginals can ever decide what exactly "reconciliation" is, we can do it and all move on.
The problem is that, just like non-indigenous Australians, there is no consensus of what "the aboriginals" want.

Politicians probably feel the same way: "if only the electorate would decide what it wants, we'd give it to them".

Large groups of people don't have a unified, static desire.

Watched a news show a few weeks back.
It was shot inside a remote aborigine community.

The elders stated the worse thing that happened was when they were given welfare. Now there is no reason for the younger generation to work.

The problem is that, just like non-indigenous Australians, there is no consensus of what "the aboriginals" want.

Politicians probably feel the same way: "if only the electorate would decide what it wants, we'd give it to them".

Large groups of people don't have a unified, static desire.

Very true, but the aboriginal industry won't accept that, they want everything done for everyone and won't accept the fact that sensible aboriginal people are saying " I want my kids/grandkids to take part in today's society, not sit under a tree and whinge"

The world moves on all the time, there is no benefit to be gained by encouraging people to drop out of modern society.

Back