White house paint for sale - Melb

Hi Guys,
Have just met a guy who has imported white, water based paint in 17.5kg tins (10.5 litres) from Germany. The paint is supposedly excellent quality and the price is very cheap. The brand is Mefisto & i thought that fellow renovators might want to purchase some. Price for a 10.5 litre container is $25 (less if purchased in bulk). If anyone is interested email me on [email protected] & i'll arrange it.

Regards Tony

PS. I'm building a unit & have purchased some myself, but haven't started construction & therefore haven't used it yet.

Hi,

Most investors who have done a reno or two know that cheap / free paint is fairly easily available. Just a thought.

One question tho, how much are you making on each tin? :)

-Regards

Dave

Does it really matter how much he is making on each tin? If you think the price of $25 is reasonable, buy it. If not, don't buy it. It's the first time I have heard anyone ask on CE how much profit they are making from something...

If the paint is reasonable quality, I wouldn't care at all if someone else got a cut. I will add however, that the only paint I've seen (and I've seen a lot of paint) near the price of $25 for 10+ lt, was of very duvious quality as it was the seconds from the manufactures.

Sometimes there was nothing wrong with it. Sometimes, the colours wouldn't tint properly according to the forumla. Sometimes it went on then washed off within a few weeks.

I'm not saying that the paint discussed here is bad paint, but you may have to be prepaired for problems down the track.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your reponses & yes i do get a discount on the paint, if anyone else does purchase some. I hardly think that is relevant or anybody's business other than my own & the importer of the paints. I have already arranged the sale of his stock with auction houses around Melb & don't need to advertise sales on this forum. I do think that at $2.50 a litre it's cheap enough for people to test for themselves & then for them to make an informed decision on it's quality.
As previously mentioned the paint is white, washable in water, suitable for undercoat, ceilings, walls & it's NOT recommended for wet areas like bathrooms.
So make up your own mind & buyer beware.

I was planning to use it as an undercoat & for the ceilings, if the paint is of a good quality probably tint it & use as a top coat. Saw the importer paint with it & it seemed fine, but can't comment on it not tiniting properly or washing off in a couple of weeks after use.
Suppose time will tell.

Regards Tony.

Back