White Knight tile paint

Hi all,

First time post so go easy :) I'm looking to update / tidy up some areas of my home before selling in 12 months or so. We bought the house with a bad blue paint job in most rooms, including painted tiles in the bathroom.

I would like to paint these (already painted) tiles with White Knight tile paint. But wondering how this would stick to the painted tiles?

Also I intend on using White Knight Tub n Tile on the bath, as its a mustardy colour (with the top been painted blue) and it doesn't match the white modern basin.

Any info, tips, ideas welcome :)
15112009665.jpg

hornet

One thing I noticed when I tried to put a seocond coat of tile paint on, is that is that it "melts" the layer underneath and causes a disaster - you might need to re-prime, or even get rid of the original paint altogether (who knows! could be nice tiles underneath! :D)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if another gloss water proof type paint would work? priming is an option. I might need to ask Bunnings :)

The colour underneath is worse! Pale green!

Why not just chip the tiles off the walls, ...... I've just done this on a reno I was doing and it's worth the effort.

I was going to use the White Knight tile paint, but glad I re-tiled instead, although I used the White Knight Laminate product for the old section of kitchen cupboards, so that they matched the new section I installed.... looked fine when finished.

I would attach a couple of pictures but I have no idea how to do it.

Martin

Just go to post reply and click on the paperclip next to the Smiley face (above this writing box) and just go from there.

I am also curious as to the results this tile paint comes up with. We have a bathroom that we want to redo, and if we could use this paint on some areas, that would be great.

Thanks for the upload tip.

As I said in the previous post, ... I intended to use White Knight Tile paint in the bathroom, but decided to leave the existing trim tiles the colour they were and I chipped away around the bath and put new tiles in place (not able to show pic as I had already uploaded the 3 pic max).

I ended up using the White Knight laminate paint in the kitchen. It seems like a very good product as far as scratching goes. It seemed to resist the bumps and knocks I tested it on. You do have to put a few coats on to get good coverage though.

Kitchen2.jpg Kitchen3.jpg

Below shows the condition of the old section of kitchen I left in place. As you can see the Laminate paint matched in with the new sections I installed very well.

Kitchen Removed.jpg

This product saved me quite a bit of money by not having to replace the older kitchen cupboards, .... It will probably do a good job on tiles as well for a rental, but if it for as serious reno project then I'd definitely splash out on new tiles. By the way ... you can now also get grouting pens to colour in the grouting after you've painted for an authentic look.

Martin

Tile paint

We have used the White Knight which is great but you can't use heavy cleaners on them as it stips them. We just had our bathroom done by a resurfacing business and it looks great. They did our bathtub and sprayed the benchtop and doors for $750. Looks fantstic has a 15 year warranty and a lot easier than painting it yourself.

spra painting

We have used the White Knight which is great but you can't use heavy cleaners on them as it stips them. We just had our bathroom done by a resurfacing business and it looks great. They did our bathtub and sprayed the benchtop and doors for $750. Looks fantstic has a 15 year warranty and a lot easier than painting it yourself.

What company did you use and where are they located?

The secret is they use a two pac where white knight is only a single pac.
They also spray it on.

I painted tiles on a door sill with only oil base undercoat and two top coats three years ago and we,ve had lots of traffic from boots and kids bikes,still looks as good as the day it was put there.

Oil based undercoat paint can be use on all things successfully,including kitchen cupboards and tiles ,sand with a fine 180 sand paper,apply one coat of O/U and next day light sand to remove grit,and apply gloss enamel with a clean small mohair roller and brush.
Looks good enough for a tenant and is very serviceable.

So you can literally spray a two-pack paint onto cupboards, after the necessary priming? I can see why it would last alot longer then the single pack stuff. Do you know the name of the paint used for the two pac?

Do you know the name of the paint used for the two pac?
Sorry andrew,I dont know the name of it,thats a little out of my expertise,marine or automotive paint shops are the best for two pac paints.
There is however a single pac primer that you can put two pac on,but mostly as a general rule you cant usually put a two pac on a single pac primer/ undercoat.
I used to use a dulux two pac primer for my pleasure boat and it was easy to use,not so expensive if I remember rightly.Stuck like sh*&^%T to a blanket.

Back