whitegoods storage

I have bought whitegoods for a place I am not now moving into.

I can place these goods in storage for about a year but can this cause issues with the goods,and will it work after a year .

I have a fridge,plasma TV,washing machine,dryer

Yep - ditto Prop. We just found out today that the oven in our reno'ed IP has failed. We got delivery on 24/4/08, with 2 year warranty, BUT tenants didn't move in until August (yes, we were slow...! :eek:)

So although we still have 4 days to claim warranty, technically the appliance wasn't starting to be used for 4 months after delivery. :(

Jagguy,

what's the cost of a year's storage or is it free?

I stored (paid self storage costs) for my mother's whitegoods and furniture for 2 1/2 years until I realised how much the storage was costing.

Would have been better selling second hand items immediately.

Stored a fridge for 1 1/2 years-it still worked after (its now been out of storage for last 10 years).

Can't see an issue with plasma TV, washing machine or dryer after a year in storage.

I have bought whitegoods for a place I am not now moving into.

I can place these goods in storage for about a year but can this cause issues with the goods,and will it work after a year .

I have a fridge,plasma TV,washing machine,dryer

Sell them on ebay with close to purchase price and supply all the receipts.
Include a link to an online store with the actual price.
If you've bought them with a big discount they could even sell for more than you've paid for.

Back