who called the "W" recovery?

imageChart.axd

who called the W recovery?

kudos.

if it misses 4000 next stop 3650.

then it's a W recovery.

that's a shocking chart - i have all my capital off the table from when it broke through 4600 thank goodness, i'll use it to buy back more of those quality shares i now hold with just profit.

(when buying shares only, i sell half when the price doubles so i'm running on profit only. preserve your capital, protect your profit with stops and stay in the market)

It was always going to be a W recovery - on the charts atleast - that's a given. You always need a retest on the monthly chart at the end of a cycle to confirm that a new cycle has statred. There's no genius in that. Have a look at the 1991, 1974 lows and every 18 or so years before that (excluding WW2).

If this run (which should run till September before a proper bounce) takes out the March 09 lows then a world depression could be on the cards. The key point would be the halfway mark of last years run up i.e. midpoint of March 09 low and April 10 high - around 4000 or so.

This is the time for those in cash to pounce....not now - Sept or so - if the market holds up above March 09 high. But it would be bullish if it holds the 4000 mark and goes up. So basically, if the stock markets are making a higher low, (relative to 2009) on all the bad news, this tells u that the GFC is over, despite all the opinion about it. This is the critical point for investors to be able to interpret. But few ever get to see it correctly.

Hi, not liking the stock mkt very much but with my limited knowledge, there's a very BIG gap between 4400 and 3200.

Not challenging anyone, just venturing an opinion which I can later revisit for fun:

I doubt we'll get to 3500

At 4000, I'll still accumulate, watch the falling knives!!

KY

is the 2nd half of the "W" usually the same length (in time) as the first half of the "W" to make it a true W?

dont get too caught up in it, there's nothing to say a market has to perform in order to match up to some preconceived notion. this could be a sideways S after all

what proportion of the index is made up of the big4 banks, RIO, and BHP
what propertion is made up of the next 4 largest market cap companies.

the top 10 represent a huge proportion of the total index.

So look at the top 10, look to valuations and that will give you an idea where the index can go.

Personally i dont give two hoots, as i have said for a while, i strongly feel this is going to be a stock pickers market, rather than an index market lifting all boats.

what proportion of the index is made up of the big4 banks, RIO, and BHP
what propertion is made up of the next 4 largest market cap companies.

the top 10 represent a huge proportion of the total index.

So look at the top 10, look to valuations and that will give you an idea where the index can go.

Personally i dont give two hoots, as i have said for a while, i strongly feel this is going to be a stock pickers market, rather than an index market lifting all boats.

I occasionally watch Your Money Your Call and there are very few charts that look good. I doubt the heavy weighting of those big six distorts the market. When the tide goes out, all boats go down.

Back