Who can set up my trust?

Hi all,

Over the last few months I have been trying, to say the least-( begging, pestering,and then fuming at the end of it!) to get my accountant/solicitor(s) to set up a hybrid trust. The simple truth is-he refuses to do so. The simple truth is-noone up here realy knows anything about them, I am sure.I even went as far as to take in information gathered from this forum, and websites to direct him to Chris Batten and threw Dales book at him.... still no luck . "the AtO is going to crack down on these soon" I was told , and after confirring with my accountant, they decided it made them uncomfortable.
The result is that i have bought 3 more properties in my own name, fully cross collaterelised(?) with all the other Ip's (arghhh) when all i wanted to do was start an entirely new portfolio from scratch, using the RIGHT structure.
If anyone can help, there are 3 trusts to set up immediately.( not all mine)
Can anyone tell me plzz... can i just buy one of Chris Battens trusts, over the net, or Dale's, or anyone's who is recommended on this forum, and is that what a lot of you are doing?
Is there a risk involved by doing this online?
Has anyone dealt with financial advisers and accountants online successfully? I see a lot of comments on here from people who attend some of the Somersoft forum guys seminars, and meetings, bbbuuuutttttt NOONE EVER COMES UP NORTH!!!!!:( The only seminars we get, are from dodgy real estate people trying to offload their real estate in Brisbane and the Gld Coast--and yes--they are STILL offering the free flights to view the properties etc etc.
I am getting envious of people talking about their "mortgage brokers"and their "financial advisers"-most of the ones up here are making the millions, but I realy dont believe it is because of their knowledge!

Come on folks--a bit of fishing, R&R, sand between the toes, mangos on a hot summer night,throw in a little reef diving or snorkeling,Barbie on the beach, and a few informative property seminars to teach us northern cashed up bogans, how to get it right?

Why don't you just give Chris or Dale a call or send them an email? You're not just "buying their trusts" - you're getting their services, and that's before you even pay anything! I can personally confrim that Dale is incredibly fast and helpful to ALL questions (no matter how dumb you think they are :D :eek: he will always respond!)

Cheers,
Jen

Hi Bianca, I had Gotherum-Goss set up a Hybrid Trust for me last month. I live in Cairns, and did it via email with James GG. The paperwork was all completed within a couple of days, and I had the docs in my hot little hands within 2 weeks....but only because that's how long it took to register and AustPost to deliver. I'm very happy with the turnaround time. Twas no bother and no fuss. I paid via electronic transfer thru my bank. Price was extremely reasonable.:) It takes a long time to get things done up here in FNQ, so I was really happy with the outcome.

cheers
Sharon

Hiya Bianca

A very frustrated investor............perhaps you need to move to sunny Melbourne :)

Seriously Any of the recommendations you get from this forum will usually be tried and tested.

Certainly I have many clients that have used these types of services even from overseas...................and are quite happy.

The world is becoming a smaller place

ta
rolf

Why don't you just give Chris or Dale a call or send them an email? You're not just "buying their trusts" - you're getting their services, and that's before you even pay anything! I can personally confrim that Dale is incredibly fast and helpful to ALL questions (no matter how dumb you think they are :D :eek: he will always respond!)
Cheers,
Jen

I can confirm this as well (and sometimes you feel like a fool for asking as well as thinking "I wonder how many times he has to answer questions like this"?)

As far as the HDT's I once attended a local wealth/tax reduction property seminar and the presenter had an accountant from his accounting firm present (as many do) and when I later spoke to the accountant about why they prefer to buy in personal names and not through a HDT he stated that "No one uses those anymore"..later during the conversation he admitted he didn't know much about them..I pointed out Dale's books in API, not far from the presenters books which had been shown to be in the back of API during the seminar.

My local accountants, though great and very "Pro-Property" as well as having numerous Property Investors as clients admitted up front they had not set up HDT's and didn't have much knowledge of them, Dale even offered to assist them if need be and point them in the right direction, I sent them some information from Chris BATTEN as well but in the end they said they would be happy to maintain it but would rather not step into unfamilair territory.

I would definetly give Dale, Chris, NickM or Coasty Mike a call or send an e-mail and maybe start some dialogue and find someone you are comfortable with

I am getting envious of people talking about their "mortgage brokers"and their "financial advisers"-most of the ones up here are making the millions, but I realy dont believe it is because of their knowledge!

Bianca, you don't really need them up there, anything can be done via the various media types. When I had my trust set up, everything was done via email, fax and phone by NickM, no hassles whatsoever. Same deal when I needed a good mortgage broker, secured the Bribie Island IP with Rolf Latham when he still lived in Smogney, once again, via email, fax and phone. Only met Rolf a year later when he saw the light and moved to QLD. The internet really does make the world as close as your fingertips.
JIM

Back