Who do I report a developer to?

Hey,
I put a fully refundable holding fee on a H&L package 2 months ago and pulled out not long after. I've called the agent representing the vendor and he has not given my money back. The agent is Starr Partners and they are representing REK Affordable Housing.

Who do I report this to and put a complaint in to? I want my holding fee back. It was $1500. The agent has been ignoring my calls and texted me saying he'd chase it up two weeks ago and still hasn't.

Similar issues

I have also had issues with Starr partners in regards to a REK affordable houses house and land package. They have only just showed us the house contract after a couple of months of waiting, plus they have told us that the lot we originally had held for us (lot 8) now "has an easement going through it" which means it's no longer available to us. (BTW we didn't put down a holding deposit as he said we didn't need to) He has instead offered lot 5 which is a lot smaller and a different house layout. Which lot were you originally looking to buy?

I have also had issues with Starr partners in regards to a REK affordable houses house and land package. They have only just showed us the house contract after a couple of months of waiting, plus they have told us that the lot we originally had held for us (lot 8) now "has an easement going through it" which means it's no longer available to us. (BTW we didn't put down a holding deposit as he said we didn't need to) He has instead offered lot 5 which is a lot smaller and a different house layout. Which lot were you originally looking to buy?

This sounds like a trick so that they can resell it to someone else at a higher price. I've heard of tactics like this being used before by other developers so worth checking.

What is the issue here? Sounds like you didn't have a contract.

I have also had issues with Starr partners in regards to a REK affordable houses house and land package. .... (BTW we didn't put down a holding deposit as he said we didn't need to)

How do you figure that you should get a deposit back?

The two situations are nothing alike.

How do you figure that you should get a deposit back?

The two situations are nothing alike.

I never said we should get a deposit back. As I said, we never paid a deposit. I also never said that the situations were alike, I was simply saying stating we are also having issues with that real estate.

What is the issue here? Sounds like you didn't have a contract.

That's right, no contract in place as they were unable to give us all the details around what we would be signing up for. So your right, no legal issue. But due to our experience mentioned above and others showing disgust with the real estate, they seem to be running a rather dodgey agency.

I never said we should get a deposit back. As I said, we never paid a deposit. I also never said that the situations were alike, I was simply saying stating we are also having issues with that real estate.

Ajs the title of your post was "Similar Issues" but the reality is nothing of the sort. The only similarity is that you are dealing with the same agency.

Back