Who do you use for your Depreciation Schedules?

What defines are good surveyor?

I know price and customer services are one of them.

But can the report vary that much from one surveyor to another?

I see alot of recommendation for BMT and Depreciator but any other reasons other than the above?

Ive used corpred a few times. They are pretty good and reliable. From its about $329 + GST for the basic option where they don't come out.

Everybody follows the same rules (though some companies make mistakes), so in part it gets down to service.

We update Schedules free of charge, store Schedules forever (you would be surprised at how many people lose them), send them to people's accountants and answer their questions etc etc. Cheaper providers won't do that sort of thing.

Scott

We update Schedules free of charge, store Schedules forever (you would be surprised at how many people lose them), send them to people's accountants and answer their questions etc etc. Cheaper providers won't do that sort of thing.

Scott

Thanks Scott.

Generally on what circumstances do schedules are required to be updated?

If you add anything to the property, you can add it to the Dep Schedule. There are clients who get in touch with us every year and get us to add things like hot water heaters, air cons, carpet, kitchen renos etc etc.
I sort of see a Dep Schedule as a 'living document'.
Of course, we also send the Dep Schedule as a CSV file to accountants who request it. That indicates they are uploading it to their own software and will take care of changes going forward. You would just give them costs for stuff you have done.

Just ordered a schedule from Depreciator for my third property. Great service , no fuss and nice people to deal with. To use a Youi line, they get you !

Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback in regards to Depreciation Schedules:

- Who have you used?
- How much did you pay?

I have been provided a few quotes, however wanted to open it up to the Somersoft community. Who have you used and who would you recommend.

CAFDS
We charge a flat fee of just $495+GST for any property whether this is a House, High Rise Apartment in all Australian Cities. You should check for any hidden fees as some companies have a very low fee then extras for Common Areas, Furnished Properties or regional areas.

Good luck with the search and please report back on your experience

Back