Who is actually buying in Sydney right now?

NOt denying its a great place...but when it comes to population, density and infrastructure Sydney has nothing compared to the other major cities mentioned and also nowhere near as accessible globally....not really comparable.

Any non-local driving through some of the places you can buy in Sydney for $900k will immediately think "overpriced back alley hick town"

I agree Sydney is one of the most beautiful places in the world....lets think where though? Inner Sydney, Beaches, National Parks and Blue Mountains. Everything in between is just a sprawling suburban mess with terrible roads, terrible public transport, old fibro houses and the commute alone to any of these "beautiful places" will take up most of your weekend.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic. Who has a million to spend on an "average" property nowadays?

Well I don't. But that doesn't stop it being probably the most beautiful and desirable city in the world - apart fromt the traffic!

OK, even if you're not at Clontarff heading off on the Spit to Manly walk; doing a Palm to Whale ocean swim; running across the Harbour Bridge, past the Opera House and through the Botanical Gardens; sitting on the river cat from Parramatta to Circular Quay; going to the Paddington markets; there are so many beaches, rivers, swimming pools, cycleways, ovals, markets, palm trees, gums, birds, ions in the air and sunny days that when you're there, you almost believe that you wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

No way are the prices in Sydney heading south.

Mind you, even if I had the money, I wouldn't be buying now.

Also, I grew up in Wahroonga and it aint what it used to be.

Skater and other Sydney investors must be laughing all the way to the equity bank at present

Our IP purchased in Sydneys west in 2011 has seen some great gains

Skater and other Sydney investors must be laughing all the way to the equity bank at present

Our IP purchased in Sydneys west in 2011 has seen some great gains

Just one of my western sydney IP's has funded 4 more purchases from its equity gains seen in 18 months :D

Seriously considering cashing in my PPOR after only a year and pocketing the cash...

Just one of my western sydney IP's has funded 4 more purchases from its equity gains seen in 18 months :D

Seriously considering cashing in my PPOR after only a year and pocketing the cash...

Nice....

Where the other 4 in NSW Dave, or are you riding the property cycle across the states :confused:

Back