Who pays repair costs?

Hi,

I have an apartment and just today the real estate agent has notified me that the current tenants living there are not getting hot water anymore. The hot water is heated by gas and the pipes and meters are located in the lobby of each floor. The apartment complex is managed by a body corporate.

Strange thing is, they are still getting gas to the stoves, so there might be a problem with just the hot water system. Now without knowing fully what the nature of the problem is, who should be responsible for paying the costs for repairing the hot water system (if it is indeed a problem with the system)?
The hot water system itself I believe is centrally located to the entire apartment complex (as opposed to being located just in each lot/dwelling). So in this case shouldn't the body corporate be paying for any required repairs?

Thanks for any help.

It is usual, where there is a common appliance, it is repaired by the body corporate. You PM should be in contact with the Body Corporate Manager to have the repairs attended to. Good luck

Hi,

The hot water is heated by gas
Strange thing is, they are still getting gas to the stoves, so there might be a problem with just the hot water system.

Usually gas hot water heaters have a sensor located near the pilot light, if the pilot goes out they automatically shut off the flow of gas.

If your hot water consider as a fixture, then it should cover by BC insurance, just my thought

Back