Who will win the world cup??

Who will win the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there was a foul and the ref blow then they put the ball in
the foul was by the us
unlike most gmes you cn't take back a blow
if you call a foul (even if its not a foul you can't say play on) you can say play on and then call it back if there is no advantage
the problem for the us was they caused the foul as the ref saw it
for me the ref have done most of the call correct
just the card and how or when they give them makes me look again but thats the problem with being a soccer ref and yes I am a ref.
and a black and white soccer ref not that funny ball throwing around.
for me argent will win at the moment
I have no idea why you would play 3 or four at the back against 1 striker not a good striker at that.
they should have rooney off with the first 5 mins he did not want to be there
there put 5 across the middle you must take the game to them and you have run that line wide that means using forwards and wingers
if as they did wnat to run a defensive formation you have to push them into there own half this way it is a closed field
and I could not understand what the coach was thinking
kick and hope does not work at this level
that formation that they ran last night was what australia should have played against the germans
the standard play if you get a player sent off is 4/5 this wil contain the other team as it very hard to get thru
yes you don't score but you don't lose more goals either
and when you have the players that england have you would have thought they could beat that formation
was not something out of the ordinary
but as they have said england is a team of good or great players not a great team of players and thats there problem
rooney is one of the best in the world what did he do last night touched the ball about 10 times that was it
gerard is renowned in england
last night he was renouned for hitting it way of target
simple fact is they think they do not have to play to win
well sorry but you do
or they will be back home thinking of 1966 and wishing they had played better:eek:

so who's left to win
the poll needs to adust
I have the argies to win
folowed by the gerries
yes the poms were robbed but the ref sees what they see and they can't call something they can't see
for me it was a goal but I am not on the field with the whistle and you don't know what was going on in back play at the time
a ref does not just have to watch the ball
he has to watch the back play as well because thats where most problems happen
the lineman or assist ref just follows last man ins and outs but the ref has the whistle even a fourth ref its up to the ref to make the call
that far out and that many people calling a ball over the line big call
not for me
soccer is a game of skill and the ref is part of that skill
they have to call play on
call back
call a card
or even call a game
and they can't win
so why do they do it
because they like the game or most do
everyone hate the ref
but as long as at rthe end of the game the teams say you did a good game and you enjoy watching the goals ( and you can't be closer to the goals when you are right in the box) then thats what a ref likes
I am not going to say the refs are good or bad
but no matter what you post about a ref there has been worse said on the field so its a bit of being a duck.
watch the argies I think they will take it home
and maradonna was and is a great player and still has the passion for the game which shows in his team
20% skill 50% stamina 10% luck and 20% passion makes a great team try the numbers around the other way and you will find the team will loose.england did not have the passion or the luck and about 40% stamina

the germans had 25% passion 20% luck 30% skill so they out run the english
why they did not need the stamina
soccer is not just run at someone its a mind game
its a skill game
and its a strategy game
and its followed world wide by more people then any other game
as I tell people its a simple game just put this ball in that net
and to do it get around those 11 players
its that simple
one person did it in 1.5 mins from kickoff
thats pure skill
to jump to 2.5mtrs and head a ball comming at 65klm into a net with a keeper in front of 50000 people thats skill
in the world cup yes some are not playing to there best but still this is the cream of football and for me I am loving it
why
because this is the best of the best is a sport that if you are not the best you go nowhere
so who ever wins
I win because I'm watching as many as my eyes will stay open for

Soccer world cup embarrasment?

This world cup is turning into an embarrasment.

They need to change the rules. The acting up is truely an embarrasment to the game. How about penalising some of this garbage to get it out of the game? They need to bring in the video umpire like the NRL has. When some loser takes a dive, give the video ref a look, and if it's a joke, then penalise the diver, or if it's a really big joke of a dive, send the loser off.

Then this morning is another embarrasment to the game. With Ghana and Uruguay at 1-1, a Uruguay bloke hands the ball to stop a certain goal. This should have been an instant 1 point goal to Ghana. How simple is this to understand, but no. Then of course, Ghana misses the simple penalty shot at goal and it goes down in history as another embarrasing event in this embarrasing soccer tournament.

Rugby, and rugby league have penalty tries, and it works fine.

As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't cheating. This player had nothing to lose by stopping the ball with his hands, so he did it. It's a failure of the rules of the game, so why not fix it?

Here's a video of the incident if you missed it on the news this morning,...

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wo...-handball-proves-oddly-heroic-?urn=sow,253285

What makes the soccer world cup the worlds biggest sporting event anyway?

The olympics includes women.
The olympics is many different sports.
The olympics has highlights that soccer will never see.

Highlights like a man running faster than any other in human history,....

sofast117ap_791625c.jpg

I'll remember Usain Bolts run 2 years ago till I die. I certainly won't remember anything from this soccer world cup, it's been a joke!

See ya's.

Last edited:
I've always wondered about this claim that the WC is the biggest sporting event in the world.

Only 32 countries are involved, and this WC sees three of the the worlds top 4 populated countries NOT qualifying.

Also, i would imagine that most fans would lose interest once their own countries are eliminated.

To me, it seems that the olympics are a much bigger event.

I enjoyed the Holland/Brazil game. Intersting to see what happens tongiht, I mean hear about it aas I'm on my way out...

I've always wondered about this claim that the WC is the biggest sporting event in the world.

It's not what they claim. It's in the facts. just check the statistics.

Only 32 countries are involved, and this WC sees three of the the worlds top 4 populated countries NOT qualifying.

the 32 teams earned their rights to be in the world cup. It is so popular that it's gotta have this rules. A team can be the top team in the rankings, but that doesn't mean they must be in the world cup. They've got to fight for it. Just look what happened to Italy :)

Also, i would imagine that most fans would lose interest once their own countries are eliminated.

That's the beauty of it. You may be right, some "fans" lose interest once their team are eliminated. I considered myself a real fan, whose home country couldn't even make it to the world cup, and I find myself staying late and night and waking up early morning just to watch the matches. Thank god I got up to watch Uruguay-ghana, amazing game...

Then this morning is another embarrasment to the game. With Ghana and Uruguay at 1-1, a Uruguay bloke hands the ball to stop a certain goal. This should have been an instant 1 point goal to Ghana. How simple is this to understand, but no. Then of course, Ghana misses the simple penalty shot at goal and it goes down in history as another embarrasing event in this embarrasing soccer tournament.

Rugby, and rugby league have penalty tries, and it works fine.

As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't cheating. This player had nothing to lose by stopping the ball with his hands, so he did it. It's a failure of the rules of the game, so why not fix it?

if you don't like the rules, watch something else :p

there is no need to fix them as they ain't broken
player played with his hands, and he was punished for that.

the fact that Ghana failed to convert it into a goal is entirely their problem.
for all we know the ball could've hit a goal post or he could've deflected it with his head rather than his hands.

that's why the rules are very clear, it's only a goal if the ball has crossed the line.

otherwise you'd need to award a goal for pretty much any foul which is close to goals, which would turn football from a game that is dynamic and exciting to watch into something like rugby (be it league or union)

I think it's because it is the biggest "participation sport" in the world?, and it will "command the most eyeballs" than any other sports event?

Personally, to watch it and see numerous games of nil-all or 1-nil etc.....oh my god.

Plus, the guys are a pack of sooks. Taking dives and so on for a knock on the leg. Yes, it hurts (experienced it), but jeeeez...give it a rub and get back itno the game for chrissake.

Did you see the AFL guy break his leg yesterday? I'm talking a clean break. He tried to stand up and keep on going. No sooking there.

Last edited:
Back