Who will you leave it all to?

Who will you leave the majority of your assets to?

• To my spouse

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • to my kids

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • to other family members

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • To a testamentary trust my spouse controls

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • To a testamentary trust for each kid

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Charity

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I don't have a will or a plan

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just have a simple letter in the safe which says "When-I'm -Dead" everything is inside the letter,the Accountants Name,who has the
enduring power of attorney,all accounts equities holdings,deeds everything is inside the letter to make that time as easy as possible ..

And right at the end of the letter is just something to the unknown,if there is something on the other side I will come back and let them know in a way we have already set-up,and I know a few people that have said the same thing,they would come back to say hello,but no one has ever from experience left a note in the bathroom sink yet,maybe i'll be the first one..:)..

I just have a simple letter in the safe which says "When-I'm -Dead" everything is inside the letter,the Accountants Name,who has the
enduring power of attorney,all accounts equities holdings,deeds everything is inside the letter to make that time as easy as possible ..

And right at the end of the letter is just something to the unknown,if there is something on the other side I will come back and let them know in a way we have already set-up,and I know a few people that have said the same thing,they would come back to say hello,but no one has ever from experience left a note in the bathroom sink yet,maybe i'll be the first one..:)..

Did you know powers of attorney cease to operate once your dead?

Don't forget to arrange for access to financial and other documents which are stored on a cloud and/or password protected.

Did you know powers of attorney cease to operate once your dead?

Don't forget to arrange for access to financial and other documents which are stored on a cloud and/or password protected.

Thanks for that Terry,most of the paper work is stored in the safe so that will not be a problem I hope,, all the deeds are still with the bank ,everything else is in last year tax return inside the safe ,,just trying to get my head around the the power of attorney,but I will look into that in the morning,iv'e seen it a few time lately where when one pass away the mess they leave behind,bank accounts are frozen very quickly and some people never even had savings so everyone had to chip in to pay for the burial service..imho..

still trying to work out where I hid the safe keys and combos..

They only take visa at the pearly gates, with a .75 % surcharge. Yeah things are tough everywhere lol.

Haha you're on fire this thread.

Atm I'd probably split it 3 ways, Mum, Dad, Sis.

By the time I've got any appreciable assets, probably wife and kids and a bit of charity.

Given the state of the Qld economy these past few years, there probably wont be anything left for the kids other than a beat up old car and a smelly worn out caravan.

I have no will (yet).

Though hubby is beneficiary for Super. If I have will, it will be mostly for him, some for parents and some for my 2 siblings. If he proceeds me :( will be parents, 2 siblings, little amount for best friends and probably charity for Assistance Dogs.

Currently I would leave it to my spouse -- we don't have a will set up (yet) so it would automatically go to him.

In the future when we have kids, it would still go to my spouse until the kids are older. Once we have kids we are going to sit down and do up a will and think about what the best way is to pass things to them.

Depending on how much we have to pass on -- I would also like to donate to social welfare causes - child abuse, animal welfare, asylum seekers.

Given the state of the Qld economy these past few years, there probably wont be anything left for the kids other than a beat up old car and a smelly worn out caravan.

I hear that there are a few pollies down in their luck in NSW so I think we could bequeath some of it to the Obeids, Macdonald, Bazza etc

Back