Who would buy a coffin for coffee table?

Friend of a friend used to have a coffin as coffee table. Their place also had spiked ball & chain, swords etc etc etc hanging from the walls.

FWIW, KISS have a casket that also acts as a cooler among their many items for purchase.

Regards
Marty

nope - but i do want one of those "cardboard" coffins when i die with lots of bright flowers printed all over it.

actually - one of those would make a great conversation piece and can be ordered to suit your tastes and decore.

empty or full?
empty is more useable, full is a hell of a conversation piece

That post made me smile. You have a dark and wicked sense of humour :eek:.

No way would you EVER find me with one as a coffee table!!! I cannot even look at a coffin without shuddering, and have always been the same.

i guess you can't pick up 2nd item for this! :p

That's an interesting point,I once worked for a funeral company as an undertaker and they had around a dozen coffins in a storage area damaged through freight and whatnot.
I offered to restore them in my spare time,so that they could be used.
I eventually done them all and they were used up very quickly as we did about three funerals a week. :D

I don't think it makes much of a conversation piece at all.

"Is this a coffin?"
"Yep"
"Where'd you get it?"
"Ebay"
"I see"

If it belonged to someone or you were planning to use it, maybe but, sounds like you'd pay a premium for a coffee table for a lame **** conversation. I reckon its way to wanky.

I've seen coffee tables in China that are made from old chinese grave markers. They look great, but once I knew what they were, I was a bit put off. I don't really want things associated with death in my house.

Whilst I do agree that some coffins look beautiful, I don't think they are appropriate for furniture.

People may think your a serial killer. :)

Last edited:
A coffin would be an interesting piece of furniture, no matter what you used it for, but undeniably a bit creepy/spooky - if that's what you want, then perfect. The last guy we bought a house from had big lizards and spiders in the house, and I nearly $hat myself when I looked in the garage, and saw the life size vampire in the dark corner :eek: His coffee table was nice I thought, it made of very thick natural/contoured wood, and out of place with the rest of the house.
I wouldn't buy the coffin for conversation value, because you'd have to buy a funky coffee table every week to do that!

nope - but i do want one of those "cardboard" coffins when i die with lots of bright flowers printed all over it.

I didn't know people do this! I like the sound of it, well maybe not flowers for me, i'd prefer stuff like rockets, motorbikes, cars, monster trucks.
I like the points however, which I think are to not waste money on something we're just going to either bury or burn, and to try and put a smile on peoples faces.

Used to have some great pics of online acquaintances who did just that before my hard drive crashed. Some might have called them as weird and tasteless people, where as I thought them to be eccentric.
In saying that, I would happily dine at and visit a living room with that as a feature, but there's no way in hell that I would have that in my house.

Back