Who would u Choose?

Hi guys

I have choice between two tenants for a three bedroom one bathroom house. Who would you choose?

Tenant one
Mum, dad two teenagers
High income
Good references
Looks very respectable/responsible - lovely people

Tenant two
Single guy
Self employed tradesman - very high income
Could possibly help with future renovations
Good reference
Owned a house previously

Might be a bit of a rhetorical question....just want to hear your thoughts.

Hi guys

I have choice between two tenants for a three bedroom one bathroom house. Who would you choose?

Tenant one
Mum, dad two teenagers
High income
Good references
Looks very respectable/responsible - lovely people

Tenant two
Single guy
Self employed tradesman - very high income
Could possibly help with future renovations
Good reference
Owned a house previously

Might be a bit of a rhetorical question....just want to hear your thoughts.

I love families as tenants Pretzel because they're more likely to have a steady income because of the need to support children and they're less likely to leave in a hurry because of the need for stability. This certainly has been my experience over the years.

Pretzel

Quite the conundrum, but in this instance I would go with the family.
- I would not look at the tradesmen as someone who could fix up your place as a option
- Family as the have 2 kids could be a longer term option

I prefer to look beyond the first year when choosing and see who is more likely to be suited for a minmum of 2-3 years.

Not knowing the ages of the 2 kids but lets assume they are in school I can't see them as someone who like to stay in a place for a year and then move, unless there a huge fan of moving ( or are building a house)

Jezza

Thanks guys!

I should have mentioned that I might move into the place in a years time so stability isn't a big issue at this stage (for me).

Both tenant profiles are fine at face value, but...I cant choose based on the listed criteria, the info is way too short.

At a minimum I would want:
1. RP Data verified residential history for last 3 years.
2. Full database checks on minimum NTD/TICA.
3. Payslips or group certificates.
4. 100 points ID from everyone over 18.
5. Landline/yellow pages/google verified employer.

Not trying to be smart, but nice people can so often prove to be ferals on their best behaviour. Forget the appearances and dig deep into data.

Back