Who's going to the Real World Seminar in Melbourne next month?

Hi

No, not this year. It will be the first tme in about 5 years that I won't be there.....pity!

Dale

mja said:
Hi all,

Anyone going to Michael Yardney's Real World seminar 16-18th June?

Cheers!

-- MJ.

I'll be there also but I guess it doesn't count:D

So far over 100 people have booked in plus I have given a couple of "scholarship" free places to a couple of genuinely needy people, as I do each year.

So just over 20 places left and 3 weeks to go

This year will be the best year ever- lots of changes to previous years.

Mostly advanced investors attending, many with very substantial property portfolios.

One of the biggest changes this year will be the emphasis on psychology and the mindset of super successful property investors.

It has been interesting when speaking to some of the people coming who have substantial assets; say $4 or 5 million in net equity. They have the same problems as some beginning investors - just at a different level.

They still have trouble with their serviceabilty - or they think they do because they are stuck in their own paradigms , in their own comfort zones

Cool as.. where do I sign up? I have an exam on the 16th but I can come after that.. how much is it? Student discounts? :)

Shonnie said:
Cool as.. where do I sign up? I have an exam on the 16th but I can come after that.. how much is it? Student discounts? :)

You can get full details about me "Real World Real Estate Workhop" here

and the Mentorship Program here

Just in case me showing the links offends anyone - please remember this is not advertising - I didn't start the thread nor did I mention details in my initial response - I just responded to a request for info

Anyone from Brisbane going to Real World?

Anyone coming from Brisbane?

I'm just curious as I guess it's handy to network at these events, and I sure suck at networking. :)

-- MJ.

mja said:
Anyone coming from Brisbane?

I'm just curious as I guess it's handy to network at these events, and I sure suck at networking. :)

-- MJ.
MJ
You won't be disapointed. There are at least 20 peolpe going from Brisbane, many with significant property portfolios.

Its only 14 sleeps to go - we are going to have an amazing weekend - just put on an extra speaker - will have to try and squeeze him in somewhere.

DaleGG said:
Just out of curiousity....what made you decide to go a 2nd time around?
Dale

It costs substantially less to do the course second time around... and I am looking at redeveloping a property I have in Canberra.

One thing I do not understand why you are charging people so so so so so so so so much ($3 500) for 2.5 days (you make 2 apartments over a weekend) ---- I believe it is a good business for you to make loads of money. I am not sure how much for a head when Bill Clinton gave the presentation.

Consultant Costs

Regarding the $3500, as a point of comparison, I am engaging consultants through my job at the moment for a 6-8 week project, and we are looking at between $1500-$2500 per day :eek:

Would be interested in hearing for those who have gone to the RWS, their feedback and whether it was worth it.

DaleGG said:
Hi Geoff

Just out of curiousity....what made you decide to go a 2nd time around?

Dale

It was a great event this year - best ever - and sold out once again.

Interstingly about 10 attendees where there for a second time this year, and as Geoff suggested, as "graduates" they attend for a much reduced investment - virtualy at our cost. Probably 40% of the content was different this year to last year and all repeat attendees said they got lots of new insights.

This year I asked the question - "how many would consider coming back next year" and 90% of the attendees instantly put up their hands. We'll see....:D

geoffw said:
Good to meet you tonight renovice.

But about the name...

RE Novice

or

Reno Vice ?

Good day Geoff,

I have many vices but "Reno" is not amongst them. I am just an RE novice.

It was very nice meeting you. Always nice to put a face to a name. Learnt heaps at the workshop, though the most interesting parts for me(Tony Melvin, Ed Chan and Bill Zheng) were too hurried and consequently, I couldn't really digest the information provided. Talk of information overload. However, it has whetted my appetite for more.

Well done Michael. I for one will be there next year. If nothing else, its nice to be among people with such positive attitude and learn from them.

Cheers,
Raj Bakshi

TheAnalyst said:
One thing I do not understand why you are charging people so so so so so so so so much ($3 500) for 2.5 days (you make 2 apartments over a weekend) ---- I believe it is a good business for you to make loads of money. I am not sure how much for a head when Bill Clinton gave the presentation.

You are right -we probably have Australia's most expensive real estate training.

I would also argue that we have Australia's premier real estate training and it is an advanced workshop. The investment of $3,500 or so is not even an issue for most of the attendees because they can see the value of investing in themselves.

In the last year I have spent almost $100,000 on my own personal development, coaching and training.

Each year our workshop books out and each year no one requests the money back guarantee which is offered.

Each year all attendees fill out feedback forms and we hear what they liked and didn't like. I am very pleased with the very, very positive feedback we received.

I think Renovices feedback (above) is typical of how attendees felt.

I look forward to our next one in June next year.

Back