Who's going to the Real World Seminar in Melbourne next month?

The workshop changed my mindset...

Hi all,

I guess I'd better respond since I started this thread. The seminar was *fantastic*... I picked up a number of gems, and I'll pick up a few more when I get the audio CD's and listen to the content again. I dragged my wife Lisa along and a lot of the content was mind-numbing for her, but now she's on the same wavelength as me, and won't fight as hard when I buy more properties... :D

The workshop changed my mindset, quite literally. Let me explain...

I had a job offer on the table on Thursday last week, for an increase of salary of $20000. I told the recruitment agency I'd think about it. This new job would have been for 40 hours a week which would have left me literally no time for property compared to my very comfortable job that lets me have almost every Friday off each week. I'd also need to get a second car to travel to this job, and spend about 6 months relearning their IT systems and how they work.

After listening to Ed Chan and Bill Zheng talk ("don't work for an income, you need multiple streams of income, increase your net worth", etc), I've responded to the job agency and *turned down* this higher paying job.

If I hadn't of had a change of mindset, I probably would be writing my resignation letter now!

So, thankyou Michael for a fantastic workshop. I look forward to the get togethers from the mentorship, for working with George from Brisbane and maybe even Jack from Melbourne as buyer's agents and for the new-found knowledge. Well done.

-- MJ.

I went, and received a lot of value.

It was NOT a seminar on "how to develop" as some had expected. That was touched on, and the extra material provided was excellent. The seminar gave an overview, and the materials filled in a lot of detail.

It was much more on "how to develop your mindset".

And on that topic, the final day, covering especially a lot of financial aspects, was especially valuable. (That's not to discount the earlier stuff which I did find valuable as well- but there was a lot of carryover from the previous seminar from two years before).

I missed Dale's presentation on trusts. That was extremely valuable two years ago, and probably the part which I retained the most from. I have my flock of bats in a trust because of a similar presentation from Dale, and that structure has served me well.

I have to admit that I have some reservations about the "property investment trusts" as presented. There has been some discussion about them in the forum. But I have not investigated much because I am not yet in a position to move further.

The issue of land tax and trusts in NSW (as raised by Ed Chan) is a constantly moving issue. I have been hit heavily by land tax as a result of having property in a trust- but it seems so far that even the OSR is not clear on the implications of Iemma's proposed changes.

The concepts of "Living off Equity" as raised by Bill Zheng were exciting two years ago. But he did not then have products to support him (as I understand). Now he is introducing some products which may be of interest to many.

mja,

Just realized that we were sitting on the same table at the dinner on Saturday. It was nice to meet you and Lisa.

Cheers,
Raj

TheAnalyst said:
One thing I do not understand why you are charging people so so so so so so so so much ($3 500) for 2.5 days (you make 2 apartments over a weekend) ---- I believe it is a good business for you to make loads of money. I am not sure how much for a head when Bill Clinton gave the presentation.

Only of late have I realized the true meaning of the saying "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance". Whether $3,500 is too much or reasonable or too little is a totally redundant question. Each one is free to decide based on the value they squeeze out of it.

The other thing that I am slowly realizing (which was also underlined in the workshop) is that to attract wealth, our mindset needs to be changed. There should be no guilt feeling about making money, nor is there any need to be apologetic about it. I don't see the correlation between what MY charges to what Anthony Robbins charges or what Bill Clinton charges. Supply and demand rules in this free society of ours.

I am not defending the fee. I would have loved to do it cheaper but do not regret paying it for I think I will be able to recoup it in the long run. I haven't regretted spending the money on self-improvement seminars in the last one year as it has opened my eyes to things that I didn't know I didn't know.

Cheers,
Raj Bakshi

Hi Raj,

Ahh, yes. It's a bit hard to compare first-names to forum nicknames. :) I worked out who Geoff was, on the way back to the airport! :)

Good to catch up with you... I think we can carry on this discuss privately! ;)

Cheers,

-- MJ.

mja said:
I worked out who Geoff was, on the way back to the airport!
So you didn't pick up on all the Subway comments? ;)

It's a bit disconcerting to sit next to somebody you don't recognise at all- to have him ask immediately about the Flock of Bats (He has seen me at Canberra events). It's like having a clairvoyant tell you about your deep dark secrets .

But, as always in any events where investors get together, it's good to put a face to the name- and it makes those people much more recognisable when you meet them in the forum again.

geoffw said:
So you didn't pick up on all the Subway comments? ;)

It's a bit disconcerting to sit next to somebody you don't recognise at all- to have him ask immediately about the Flock of Bats (He has seen me at Canberra events). It's like having a clairvoyant tell you about your deep dark secrets .

But, as always in any events where investors get together, it's good to put a face to the name- and it makes those people much more recognisable when you meet them in the forum again.

Yes, I recognised the name, but it didn't click straightaway.

That reminds me, I have to send MY some funny pictures I have collected over the years. ;)

-- MJ.

mja said:
Yes, I recognised the name, but it didn't click straightaway.

That reminds me, I have to send MY some funny pictures I have collected over the years. ;)

-- MJ.

Thanks I have already got a heap of new funny pictures sent to me from attendees but I nned them for the one day seminars I am doing with Bill and Ed in July.

They should interest forum members becuase these seminars will be for 6 hours and at a very reasonable cost of $59 per person.

Sure they are a toattly different level of information, but that allow many forum members to attend

Michael Yardney said:
but I nned them for the one day seminars...

Sure they are a toattly different level
Hehe

Michael, you certainly had a much better proofreader for your seminar than you do in the forum ;)

Thank u for your positive feedback. I did read a thread in Propertyinvesting.com.au regarding the same issue. The response is totally different. I have no idea that all the people are for these expensive seminars. I do not think it values that much. You can argue because you went to the seminar then come back home to buy a properyt and after a year, the equalty increase by $35000. You think it is well spent $3500 to $35000 --- 10 times. I would argue that you only need to buy a book $30 to read and could buy 2 properties and make $70 000.

Of course, you will gain some knowledge because you never went one or not in the game, for your $3500. I guess a lot of people just do not accpet their wrong decision. Like Westpoint investmetn, if it had not been forced insovency, all these investor would be happy to count the healthy interests Westpoint paid them (using their own money). I have not seen ONE person acknowledged their failed investment (3000 investors)--- because they do not accept they are a loser, they lost too much. The Investor Club's monthly newsletter boast how good they are but I believe most of their principle advice is of deception --- such as property doubles every 7 years, so on. Only one person on the forum accepts she made a wrong decision to buy through the Club. She bought a property after 3 years the property droped at least $30000.

I fully support well constructed, cost effective seminars so on, but not the one taking advantage of those inocent. Good luck. $3500 to pay for a buyer agent, they may help you get a undervalued property (say $20 000).

Great Workshop!!

I have to agree with mja that it was a great workshop and personally I got lots out of it as well as meeting some great people. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

More of Bill Zheng would have been nice but at least it has opened my eyes for further follow up.

The argument that you can learn it all from books is flawed. I have a degree, but there is no way I could have got this purely from books - you need the lectures and tutorials and practical sessions to bring it all together.

I had some property investment /development ideas beforehand, but I am now thinking along different lines to boost my equity situation.

Thank you Michael and the team for a great weekend!

By the way, whilst I met geoffw and have now worked our who renovice was, I'm not sure who mja was or if we met?

Regards

Joe D
(My $100 note apparently disappeared in flames!)

Hi Joe,

I don't think we met, but I did see your $100 note go up in flames! :D

My 30 seconds of fame was when Michael asked if anyone owned any CBD Apartments when he was talking about the different property you can buy. I put my hand up high.... and only one other person did too! :eek:

-- MJ.

Back