Why are so many people moving to Queensland?

So you lived around Kallangur as a litlle fella hey?

F

Grew up in Petrie/Kallangur border, just off Dohles Rocks Rd....went to Kallangur State School....parents had rentals all over Kallangur and founded the Kallangur Bowls Club....there were a lot of decent folk around in those days, and minimal trash. Table has turned though.

Amcor have made some very silly decisions through the years imho. They sold a massive slab of their holdings between Mango Hill and Beerwah to the same guy in a short space of time, including the North Lakes site. Why they'd offload such a massive holding to one buyer at one point in time is difficult to comprehend.

I understood the Dohle's Rocks Rd land between the sewerage treatment plant and Harding St is supposed to remain a buffer. There's a bit at the top end that is reserved for the train, and another bit behind Harding st that someone was going to put a retirement village on, but that fell through.

Queensland had the 'hick' & 'banjo' nickname & rep way before "the great migration" from the southern states. Especially under Joh! :eek:

Queensland had the 'hick' & 'banjo' nickname & rep way before "the great migration" from the southern states. Especially under Joh! :eek:

You go on and git ya pesky southerner we dont need your non queenslander comments around here.
You'll go down like shorn sheep down the chute don't you worry about that.:D

i heard a couple of years ago there was going to be an Australian Disneyland. I think it was planned for Coomera, near Dreamworld. Anyone know anything about that?

makes you wonder why southerners could tolerate moving up to such a place.....things must have stunk even more where they came from.

incidentally, I had lunch with one of the original developer families from Pine Rivers a few days ago. I was curious as to what happened to two Kallangur locals, aging brothers, who had done well for themselves, but neither had ever married. They had one relative, a nephew (plumber and motor bike enthusiast). The first brother died a year or two ago. I asked my friend if the other brother was still around, and he said he died a few months after the first. Curious to know what had happened to their assets, I asked about it...... all went to the nephew. How much? ~$400 Million. Another forumite was there to confirm the story if anyone thinks I am BSing.

Last edited:

So the ruse worked for a while and kept you Sydneysiders away. It appears you all eventually figured it was nonsense and came to join us in droves. If only your collective naivety could have gone on for ever....

I live in my home town (boring!!) and seriously, meeting another native is much like it would be meeting an Aussie overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grew up in Petrie/Kallangur border, just off Dohles Rocks Rd....went to Kallangur State School....parents had rentals all over Kallangur and founded the Kallangur Bowls Club....there were a lot of decent folk around in those days, and minimal trash. Table has turned though.

Amcor have made some very silly decisions through the years imho. They sold a massive slab of their holdings between Mango Hill and Beerwah to the same guy in a short space of time, including the North Lakes site. Why they'd offload such a massive holding to one buyer at one point in time is difficult to comprehend.

I understood the Dohle's Rocks Rd land between the sewerage treatment plant and Harding St is supposed to remain a buffer. There's a bit at the top end that is reserved for the train, and another bit behind Harding st that someone was going to put a retirement village on, but that fell through.

Yeah, no, I think the murrumba downs area has brought the suburb up. There are certainly alot of other suburbs worse than Kallangur.

Regarding AMCOR, yes this land between Bickle Rd and Harding Street was to remain a buffer, with the North western corner having a corridor marked for the train line. However, when I was speaking with AMCOR about another matter, they were looking at selling off the North Eastern end to the private developer. The developer had an environmental haurdle to jump over though, and don't know of any outcome.

I was working on the Treatment plant upgrade, increasing capacity to the plant to cater for the regions future demands and increasing the quality of the effluent discharging into the river due to higher EPA controls / requirements. Job is nearly finished.

Cheers,

F

Back