Why are so many people moving to Queensland?

Is it mainly the Gold Coast, Brisbane, North Coast they are referring to in the media or is the whole of Queensland having a huge influx. I would have thought the traffic congestion, water restrictions, humidity, rising house prices would put people off.

personally I like humidity:cool:

a resources state with lots of work and a good climate etc, doesnt sound implausible to me? jobs is the key

Apparently they have introduced a banjo curriculum in the schools. That would appeal to families of a certain type. :D

really, really nice people:D

I'll back that. The first thing I noticed when I moved up here (nearly five years ago now - man, time flies!) was how friendly people up here are. Actually, the first thing I noticed was the extremely high babe ratio, but hey... *wink*.

Mark

I LOVE LOVE Melbourne but fully intend moving to QLD once I'm done with my career. It's all that sunshine for me. I'm even prepared to have to talk to QLD'ers to do it!

Is it mainly the Gold Coast, Brisbane, North Coast they are referring to in the media or is the whole of Queensland having a huge influx. I would have thought the traffic congestion, water restrictions, humidity, rising house prices would put people off.

One word - LIFESTYLE!

I agree that Qld can be a bit backwards with SOME things, and I do miss NSW a little bit, but the Sunshine Coast has a better lifestyle for the whole family!

This is my 4th year here and most people I meet are NOT local to Qld! Even when we have SS meetings, majority are from interstate.

Traffic congestions - Is there any large city that does not have this?

Water restrictions - Last report I heard was that the dams were at a combined 92% capacity. Water restrictions have been eased, but won't be lifted as they want us to conserve our water. With the water rates being hiked by huge $$ over the next 4 years, no doubt most people will be conserving their water consumption to save their $$.

Humidity - February was pretty sticky, but who cares when we have the most glorious Autum and Spring. Even winter is good, who needs a coat?. :D

Rising House Prices - Melbournites and Sydneyites are getting good $$ for their property, they can buy up here and have money left to live on. Can't put a price on the lifestyle though. ;)

So, INVSTOR when are you moving up here??? :D

Sunshine

Yes Qld has a lot of ferals......And in my humble and well informed opinion, most are the detritus of southern states who moved up here over the last 30 years.

As Vic, NSW, SA have shut down their manufacturing industries and welfare consciousness has become multigenerational, southern bred ferals have moved to cheaper Sunny Qld en masse.....The Sunny and Gold Coasts, Beenleigh, Logan, Caboolture, and Hervey Bay areas are the hardest hit.

The area I grew up in on the northern outskirts of Brisbane was all farms and an Amcor paper mill 30 years ago. People in general were working class but respectable, honest, and hard working.

That area has progressively become dumbed down by obese tattoed southern welfare and underemployed trash.

Yes Qld has a lot of ferals......And in my humble and well informed opinion, most are the detritus of southern states who moved up here over the last 30 years.

As Vic, NSW, SA have shut down their manufacturing industries and welfare consciousness has become multigenerational, southern bred ferals have moved to cheaper Sunny Qld en masse.....The Sunny and Gold Coasts, Beenleigh, Logan, Caboolture, and Hervey Bay areas are the hardest hit.

The area I grew up in on the northern outskirts of Brisbane was all farms and an Amcor paper mill 30 years ago. People in general were working class but respectable, honest, and hard working.

That area has progressively become dumbed down by obese tattoed southern welfare and underemployed trash.

...oh Lord it's hard to be humble......:rolleyes:

...oh Lord it's hard to be humble......:rolleyes:

You got that right....The degree to which southerners deny they contribute to Qld's rubbish astounds me.........it's all in the ABS stats though for those humble enough to look.

If Cronulla riots, Indian bashing, and knife culture doesn't humble southerners, then Lord help em.

Last edited:
Yes Qld has a lot of ferals......And in my humble and well informed opinion, most are the detritus of southern states who moved up here over the last 30 years. .

Haven't met any ferals yet. I used to drive through a street in NSW where some lived.

Probably a good thing I didn't move to Qld 30 years ago, sounds like I wouldn't have met anyone.:p

As Vic, NSW, SA have shut down their manufacturing industries and welfare consciousness has become multigenerational, southern bred ferals have moved to cheaper Sunny Qld en masse.....The Sunny and Gold Coasts, Beenleigh, Logan, Caboolture, and Hervey Bay areas are the hardest hit. .

Nope haven't met any southern bred ferals. I have met some feral kids, but they weren't southern bred though!

The area I grew up in on the northern outskirts of Brisbane was all farms and an Amcor paper mill 30 years ago. People in general were working class but respectable, honest, and hard working. .

Yep have met loads of them in Qld.

Nope haven't met any of them yet. Any particular areas I should look Winston??:D:D

Either I am going about my business in the wrong places, or I am oblivious. Either way its all good. My rose coloured glasses must be working. ;)

Sunshine

Winding you up, totally...

Such people move states often.
This year they are in QLD, next year in VIC etc.

I had a bad tenant who recently moved to QLD being chased by my landlord insurer, credit card companies, utilities companies etc.

In recent times such people are being pushed out of the big cities because they either can't afford to pay our high rents or they are in the bad tenant database and none will rent to them down here.

Funnily enough, where I work in NW WA there are a lot of QLDers and I mean a lot. Prob close to 50% of my department alone are ex QLDers. IMO all the immigration has ruined what used to be a nice place to live now it is too crowded and the infrastructure has not kept up.

So you lived around Kallangur as a litlle fella hey?

I can remember speaking with the management at AMCOR a couple of years ago, and they were looking at selling a fairly large parcel of land off Dohles Rocks Road to a private developer for residential dwellings.

I don't know how far this has progressed. I know there were environmental hurdles to jump though.

Increased densities of living around Murrumba (higher marketed area) have also added to the 'buziness' of the area.

Cheers,

F

Back