Why are you here?

Ive got goals!!!

G'day all,

Im here because ive learnt many things about money and time and life and the economics of it all.
Im only 27 but Ive experienced some things and done some very stupid things aswell. Lets say I am lucky to be alive and free.
Starting a new life in a new country has definitely given me some extra facets!! o.k, o.k, NZ's only over the ditch.
Plans didnt work, Alone, unemployed, no food, no rent money, no hope etc etc. What a story. Suddenly I read 'cashflow quadrant '(1999). There's hope!!, Life makes sense. My parents were right. New plans and dreams.
Self development, courses, self discovery, seminars, odd jobs, co-incidents, what a mission!!
2001, Join the forces. save money. Experience a heap more. More plans, goals. New mates from all over.
2002, after some due diligence, Purchase my first PPOR!!!!. Final settlement will be next week. A stepping stone to my goal of financial freedom independance and Paris, Rome, NY, etc.
The fun has begun......
:D :D :D :D

Well I dont even remember finding this forum, but I'm sure it happened a week or 2 ago.

I'm here to learn as much as I can while I pay off as much bad debt as I can and get some equity.

I'm 20 and in November I bought my townhouse in Girrawheen (northern suburb of Perth). I've wanted to buy a house of sorts since I was about 17, and was very nervous when going through the motions. I'm sure I paid more then I should have, but thats a lesson I'll cop and wont complain about (too much).

My job involves a lot of time doing nothing useful (except reading this and other forums) and in a trip to the local library I found Rich Dad Poor Dad and a few other books and have been busy reading up on different investment strategies etc.

I'm set to get into more debt (although "good" debt this time), but from the banks point of view I've not got enough as my PPOR was bought with 95% LVR and i have my personal loan for my car to pay off.

This is fine, giving me plenty of time for study and watching the market, looking for the right deal for me.

If only I had a get rich quick scheme to just get me on my way :D

Jonezy

If only I had a get rich quick scheme to just get me on my way

If only we all had that. But allowing for what you have so far learnt, if someone offered you a get-rick-quick scheme, would you go for it, or be a little hesitant?

Jonesy

I always remember a saying a South African friend told me in 1990.

"Easy money is the hardest to make"

Strewth!! aint that the truth, Ruth?

No I wouldn't go for it at all. But I've heard many people say that all they need is one get-rich quick plan, and then they can start on doing it properly.

If a get rich quick scheme worked, people wouldn't bother with the get rich slow plans would they :)

I read the forum and contribute where I can because I have got a lot of good info from it. I feel that if I can help somebody else I have paid something back.

If the forum was full of idiots I wouldn't be reading it and I believe there are a lot of genuine people who contribute to the forum regularly.

Just soaking up the wisdom ;)

I'm here to learn. I recently paid off my credit card, and various money I owed my Mum and a friend, and I wondered what to do with the extra money I now have. I didn't think I could afford my own home yet, until I found out I can get a better loan through my union at work. Then my Mum gave me some books by Jan Somers and Anita Bell and now I'm kinda obsessed ;) My plan is to retire within 20 years (I'm 29 now). I've been saving madly for my PPOR deposit, and it'll be 18 months or so before I have enough to actually buy a place, but I've been going to auctions and opens for the last year or so, just to get a feel for the market and the process, and I'm here for the same reason. I'll have some stupid newbie questions now and then, when I get a chance. Since I only have net access at work, I won't be spending hours and hours here, but will drop in when I can.

Back