Why be an employer ?

I have found a piece of important information that I would like to share,;)

Under section 11 of the Act, a worker must be an individual. Therefore, if you engage a corporation they will not be worker as only an individual can be a worker.

http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/insurance/do-i-need-a-policy/who-should-i-cover

Crap. It just gets worse doesn't it.. So basically the only true subby is a pty ltd.
Most of our subbys are sole traders and the others are family trusts.

Basically we are stuffed :(

Time for another deep and meaningful with the hubby.
Thanks for the link painter.

I'm surprised the Somersoft accountants haven't added some information here, they usually have more than 2c worth :D

I have found a piece of important information that I would like to share,;)

Under section 11 of the Act, a worker must be an individual. Therefore, if you engage a corporation they will not be worker as only an individual can be a worker.

http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/insurance/do-i-need-a-policy/who-should-i-cover

Please note a person/individual can be a worker even if they have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or are responsible for their own tax. A person who works under a ‘contract of service’ is a worker. A ‘contract of service’ is a standard employer and employee relationship. A large part of the workforce works under a contract of service. quote..

So even with a "abn"number you will still be in their eyes a worker,just those few lines on a page will cause major problems for so many people and i was talking to a Sparkie mate tonight about this but he just intends to bury his head in the sand ..

Crap. It just gets worse doesn't it.. So basically the only true subby is a pty ltd.
Most of our subbys are sole traders and the others are family trusts.

Basically we are stuffed :(

Time for another deep and meaningful with the hubby.
Thanks for the link painter.

If they are contracting through a trust, it's treated the same as a Pty Ltd. See post 68.

Here's a couple of additional updates for employers

From 1 January 2013, eligible working fathers and partners will receive a new payment, called dad and partner pay.

Dad and partner pay will be available to eligible fathers and partners (including adopting parents and parents in same-sex couples) who are caring for a child born or adopted from 1 January 2013. This payment will be in addition to the existing paid parental leave entitlement.

Eligible fathers and partners will be able to receive two weeks’ dad and partner pay at the rate of the national minimum wage, the same weekly rate as for the existing parental leave pay – currently $606.40 a week before tax.

Unlike the existing paid parental leave scheme, where businesses receive funding from the Federal Government and then make the payments themselves, the government will distribute dad and partner payments through the Department of Human Services.

From 1 October 2012, the parental leave and related entitlements National Employment Standard in the Fair Work Act will also change.

When i employed over a 20 year span,you get to see the BEST and WORST in people,and i will make it very clear i would never do it again,EMPLOYING.Without going into the full story due to court orders gagging me,FWA are the most useless,one sided for the employee organisation i have ever dealt with.A real bunch of "starts with a "

Maybe we can just let employees sign a contract and then send them their wages each fortnight at the beach.

It does seem grossly unfair that we should actually expect them to let employment interfere with their social life.

<<BOSSES will have to roster jobs around workers' social lives and check that staff who yawn or daydream aren't too tired to work safely. >>

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...mployers-offside/story-fndo2izk-1226489795262
If I didn't go to work because I was:
*tired
*moody
*had a head ache,
*not motivated,
*had a social life I wanted to pursue that interrupted normal work hours
*hated everybody.....

I would never have gone to work.

Don't get me started on Monday-itis.

Outside of economic downturns, Workplace Heath and Safety laws and regulations will be the biggest killer of jobs in this Country before long IMO.

This year my premium went up by 25%, and this is despite a drop in total wages estimation for 2012-13, and no claims made in the 2011-12 fin year.

*tired
*moody
*had a head ache,
*not motivated,
*hated everybody.....

Outside of economic downturns, Workplace Heath and Safety laws and regulations will be the biggest killer of jobs in this Country before long IMO.

This year my premium went up by 25%, and this is despite a drop in total wages estimation for 2012-13, and no claims made in the 2011-12 fin year.

Was basically going to post the same thing! Couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos!

pinkboy

Maybe we can just let employees sign a contract and then send them their wages each fortnight at the beach.

It does seem grossly unfair that we should actually expect them to let employment interfere with their social life.

<<BOSSES will have to roster jobs around workers' social lives and check that staff who yawn or daydream aren't too tired to work safely. >>

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...mployers-offside/story-fndo2izk-1226489795262

Nearly choked on my Corn Flakes when I read this in the paper on the weekend! What a joke! :mad:

Absolutely crazy!!!!!

Someone just does not want people to work. If we have to deal with this crap, we will just not employ people, problem solved.

Next we employers will have to manage along with their social lives their money because they are just not responsible enough.

*tired
*moody
*had a head ache,
*not motivated,
*hated everybody.....

I am so glad this game has "stopped" for me.

Back