Why has Dazz been banned?

hi bill
I would not cut your self as I think dazz is abit bigger then that.
as for him not like resi from my reading thats not the case as he owned resi but finds that it a bit to kuch of a problem compare to comm

and not sure why people think that comm is about to fall thru the floor.
but everyone has a different view

Sim, when you ban someone does it just ban that username or the most common IP address used for login.

Not sure whats the purpose of a self imposed ban when one could just create a new account

Personally I got a bit tired of his constant jabs at resi property. Sure he made useful posts as well, but he was always so smug.
I wouldn't want $20mil debt in commercial property at a time like this (even if only 50% leveraged).
Hopefully he comes back somewhat more humble.

Did you learn anything from his posts? The only reason I am posting is because I have learned something from him and enjoyed his frankness(is there such a word). Keep the public forums public and commend peoples right to speak freely and keep sommersoft the way it is. I have been reading and contributing in this forum for many years and still find 'pearls of wisdon' on a regular basis from newbies and 'old timers'.

Cheers

Sim, when you ban someone does it just ban that username or the most common IP address used for login.

In this case just that username.

We can also ban an IP address, but that's really only useful for bots - since most people have dynamically assigned IP addresses. We don't ban users by banning IP addresses.

Personally I got a bit tired of his constant jabs at resi property. Sure he made useful posts as well, but he was always so smug.
I wouldn't want $20mil debt in commercial property at a time like this (even if only 50% leveraged).
Hopefully he comes back somewhat more humble.

The market is the best teacher of humality!

The market is the best teacher of humality!

Pity it doesn't teach spelling :p

Then again, perhaps you meant what you wrote: humality - a cross between "humanity" and "humility"

... now that I think about it perhaps you are indeed wise :D

Pity it doesn't teach spelling :p

Then again, perhaps you meant what you wrote: humality - a cross between "humanity" and "humility"

... now that I think about it perhaps you are indeed wise :D

Sim, I could have written your post, I went through exactly the same thought processes and conclusion! :p

Speaking of spelling, grammar, punctuation etc when is Grossreal going to use paragraphs and sentences that only contain one verb.

I'd like to read the posts by Grossreal but I just give up. It comes from having had a very strict schooling in grammar/paragraphs/punctuation and having to write a lot of letters.

Surely Grossreal could hit an enter key every now and then (full stops and a capital letter for the next word indicating the start of a a new sentence would also help).

yeh, then we have Bill.L who seems to start a new paragraph after each sentance, and we have hobo-jo who almost got started with a new paragraph, but didn't hit CR that one extra time to correctly paragraph.

I guess everyone better lift their game here!

mmm - I was actually just trying to be funny.

I really didn't want to start a spelling/grammar debate :(

No! I cannot open my mind to those with closed minds.

His basic philosophy that the value of your posts is directly correlated to your nett worth is fundamentally flawed. :D

I definitely did learn something from his posts and am happy to learn from people with closed or open minds. I hear Kerry Packer could be a bit closed minded at times but I would have been happy to learn from him still! :D

I disagree with your conclusion Sunfish, I thought Dazz's philosophy was more that the value of your posts is directly correlated with the level of financial detail you reveal on actual investments you have made. It's a philosophy I agree with although I have a mental block in actually contributing in such a manner myself. Much the same as why I don't discuss such details in real life which is also a shame IMO. I reckon more often than not it would be a win / win situation.

By the way, I also think there is a reasonable correlation between someone's net worth and the value of their posts regardless. Just like if Warren Buffet took time out from his day to mention something to me I would probably give him my full attention...

At some level I must agree with the net worth/value of post relationship. I don't post much about my wee 'deals' and goings on as my net worth has less than 6 zeros on the end, so I doubt it would be of much interest.:eek:

Louise

Last edited:
At some level I must agree with the net worth/value of post relationship. I don't post much about my wee 'deals' and goings on as my net worth has less than 6 zeros on the end, so I doubt it would be of much interest.:eek:

Louise

Louise you prompted me to respond. I think, that whilst there are a few people on this forum who have substantial net wealth and have achieved great things eg Dazz, that we also need to hear from people 'on their way' so to speak.

I would argue that most people on this forum (and I would count myself as one of them) who still haven't quite reached some of our long term goals. So the struggles, misfires, small wins, the seemingly obscure things I personally like to hear. It is the sum of these experiences that eventually get us to where we want to be.

Whilst Dazz's achievements & credentials are obvious and substantial, it is sometimes difficult as someone who is still paying their dues to relate and take away something from deals which are in the multi-million dollar range, when you are looking at purchasing a small 2br old style flat to renovate, increase the rental return and go again.

So, feel free to post your 'wee' deals. Its all welcome here.

Back