Why is it so? Reflections on lifes products

So why's it so? That the little window wiper squirters and wipers will never ever break down, no matter how old your FJ might be, but the stuff that makes your car drive always does? I can't think of 1 single person I know thats ever had their wipers break down before, and they're almost totally useless. How ironic!

I got to thinking because only 1 out of 4 squirters worked on my car, This morning I simply used a pin to unblock them and was so happy, I can clean my window without having to stop in at the servo!! And it does such a good job.

Heres my radiator update.
I could barely drive the car this morning. It was shuddering to ****. Took it to the mechanic that couldn't get me in till next Thursday and he repaired a coil pak. Same trouble as I had about a year ago.

He gave me the good news that my head gasket isn't ****ed so thats good, but still have to drop it in next week to sort the leaky radiator problem out.

So why's it so? That the little window wiper squirters and wipers will never ever break down, no matter how old your FJ might be, but the stuff that makes your car drive always does? I can't think of 1 single person I know thats ever had their wipers break down before, and they're almost totally useless. How ironic!

On my wife's 1959 VW beetle, the semaphore indicators that stick out from the sides were still working when we sold it a couple of years ago. (The wipers worked, too.)
Scott

Back