Why is there so much nastiness around

Not talking about SS ... but - as an example - in one day this week alone I've came across three occasions of just outright, but wide spreading and reputation destroying, nastiness undertaken anonymously.

The first was a cafe we went to for lunch yesterday - they are lovely people, fabulous meal and really well priced ... only to be told (as we know them well) that a false rumour is seriously going around they are closing down due to incompetence, that the chef is just a glorified hairdresser and just awful comments.

The second was also yesterday - a shocking review on TripAdvisor about a market I'm involved in - which was really arrogantly nasty and totally factually incorrect.

The third was a person we have generously rent one of our tourist cottages on a short term leased basis, having a real *itch to our manager about some newly installed deck stairs on one of the other cottages - that is none of their business, has absolutely nothing to do with them and I have since learnt they are always having a whinge to our property maintenance guy about things on our property that have nothing to do with them at all ... needless to say they have now been issued with "notice to vacate" in 6 weeks.

Is it just me - or does them seem to be an increase in general nastiness occurring in recent years ... and why? :confused:

yes.

i think people feel a right - therefore an obligation - to complain.

like updating the facebook status just isn't enough...

best medicine is a firm but cordial disagreeance or decline.

like captain barbosa's original - "...i'm disinclined to acquiesce your request......means 'no'..."

yes.

i think people feel a right - therefore an obligation - to complain.

like updating the facebook status just isn't enough...

best medicine is a firm but cordial disagreeance or decline.

like captain barbosa's original - "...i'm disinclined to acquiesce your request......means 'no'..."

no. :cool:

Is it just me - or does them seem to be an increase in general nastiness occurring in recent years ... and why? :confused:
It's not just you. Definitely a general increase. I don't know why. Examples: Australia Day, some kid screaming a string of expletives at a bottle-o attendant. No idea what happened but it pretty extreme. Late last year I was walking in City Arcade where a person was abusing a barista. The language was very unacceptable to be used in public. That attitude doesn't actually get you anywhere.

In Perth, a cyclist got cut off so he chased down the car, damaged the car and abused the driver. The driver drove down the road, did a u-turn through a red light and ran the cyclist over. The police arrested the driver on the spot while people worked to rescue the cyclist from under the car.

Lots of anger and nastiness around. Lots of situations that could be handled a lot better. What's driving it? No idea.

The increasing number of people with the previous mentioned inability :)
Probably television or social media is to blame ;)

Years ago I saw a movie called Idiocracy and based on riding public transport in Perth, I wonder if that it where we are headed? That said, I went to uni with a kid whose father is an MD and mother is a physiotherapist and he was dumb as a post. He was planning to buy a house and not pay the mortage because the banks can just invent the money to loan, it doesn't actually exist and he wouldn't get in trouble if he didn't pay the loan back. The stupid is strong in that one :p

I blame the government and big business. Everything in Sydney is just so fast paced. Any small delay in some people's schedule and that's it...kill kill kill.

Just the other day I accidentally cut someone me off as I drove to work. He beeps. So naturally I gave him the bird. Next set of lights, he jumps out of car with a club lock in his hand.

I screech around onto the wrong side and fling my billy at him. LOL, he's still stuck at the lights behind someone while I shoot down Carlisle to the highway.

There are idiots everywhere and they are breeding non stop we need a iq licence to allow people to breed. I work in fast food and someone threw a $4.95 pizza at a 14 year old girl because it wasn;'t gluten free. They placed the order online and didn't select gluten free and didn't want to pay for the gluten free base. Another classic example is bloke comes in with his kid. Kid wants gluten free supreme($9.90) but the meatlovers non gluten free($7.95)"Can we have the gluten free base for free". Me-"No it costs extra". oh we will just get the meatlovers than. Kid-"but dad I'll get really sick again". Dad- "Nah you'll be right". Me-*shakes head with disappointment*

A person who is aligned and connected within themselves has no need to invalidate others. They are happy!

Unhappy people are disconnected and turn towards addictions, drugs, alcohol, food, sex, cyber bullying, invalidating others. Some kind of distraction to fill the void.

People are nasty because they are unhappy and they are unhappy because they are not growing, not spiritually, not emotionally, not financially. They are stuck!

Depression and suicide are on the increase because people are so unhappy!

My daughter was bullied at school by a boy who was so disconnected that he lashed out in anger towards other people. She is aware enough to see that none of his anger was about her and she felt sorry for him.
One day she asked him to join in a game her and friends were playing. He did!

Later on he joined her on Instagram and at that time, my kids and I were posting up 100 days of happiness - a picture per day of things that make you happy - he joined in and started posting "today I'm happy because we got pancakes for breakfast" ...... So cute!

That boy would not have had that influence at home. Proper up bringing produces kids that are well balanced and integrated.

Bullying is produced by bullies! Punishment, put downs, no unconditional love from parents! Not on purpose - bullies are quite justified in their actions and behaviours. They think it's good for the child!

It is not good for anyone to grow up being nasty and rude towards others.

However in a nut shell - the anger, hate, invalidations are aimed at others but they are not really about others, nasty people can't accept others because in their own lives they are unhappy and really can't accept themselves.

Let them be they emotionally damaged enough already! Don't become another person who hates them or another relationship that is not going to work for them, they have had a lifetime of that already!

Thanks for the post Lizzy!

There are idiots everywhere and they are breeding non stop we need a iq licence to allow people to breed. I work in fast food and someone threw a $4.95 pizza at a 14 year old girl because it wasn;'t gluten free. They placed the order online and didn't select gluten free and didn't want to pay for the gluten free base. Another classic example is bloke comes in with his kid. Kid wants gluten free supreme($9.90) but the meatlovers non gluten free($7.95)"Can we have the gluten free base for free". Me-"No it costs extra". oh we will just get the meatlovers than. Kid-"but dad I'll get really sick again". Dad- "Nah you'll be right". Me-*shakes head with disappointment*

I wonder if gluten free exists in Uganda?

You're not getting sick because something has gluten. You are getting sick because you are eating *ucking garbage kid!

Great post Xenia.

I agree with most of it.

datto,
I was surprised by your post (probably shouldn't have been)
You admit you did something wrong, then the person honked at you..and then you 'flipped him the bird' ...why?

You admit to being in the wrong, and then you are rude.

Are you that boy or his dad? ;)

No, no....but I could have been. As a kid I threw petrol on my toy plastic soldiers and set them alight. I couldn't sleep in my room for three months.

I eventually grew out of that destructive behavior. The doctor said I had to communicate my emotions in a verbal fashion.

You admit you did something wrong, then the person honked at you..and then you 'flipped him the bird' ...why?
I think there is a lot more chill required when driving. Although I try to be a very careful driver, sometimes I do misjudge or do something completely stupid. At those times I am very grateful to other drivers for accommodating my stupid behaviour. So when I experience people doing stupid things on the road, I just try to quietly accommodate them and not make a fuss. If everyone did that, the roads would be a lot nicer place. I reckon mr tooter deserved a bird. There is no need for all the honking!

Back