Why should I get superannuation?

Super is a low taxed environment where you could be taxed at 10 to 15% instead of 47%. You can imagine how much you could grow capital if you saved 32% in tax each year. Compounding over 30 years.~

It's not run for free though, the insurance companies and others now, have made a fortune of the back of Super with their fees

It's not run for free though, the insurance companies and others now, have made a fortune of the back of Super with their fees

Whether you buy insurance inside or outside of super they are still making fees. The retail super funds are making a fortune, often exploiting young people who don't look at their statements, but the member can make a choice to move to a lower fee fund or set up a SMSF.

Whether you buy insurance inside or outside of super they are still making fees. The retail super funds are making a fortune, often exploiting young people who don't look at their statements, but the member can make a choice to move to a lower fee fund or set up a SMSF.

Sorry Terry

I meant the companies that benefited with the introduction of compulsory super were those like MLC, AMP, Colonial etc. Then Banks, Industry Funds etc all got on board

You also have parent companies investing funds into related entities

Sorry Terry

I meant the companies that benefited with the introduction of compulsory super were those like MLC, AMP, Colonial etc. Then Banks, Industry Funds etc all got on board

You also have parent companies investing funds into related entities

Yep - they sure did benefit!

Back