Why was 'The Fence' Banned? :(

As a newb and reading the posts,i don't understand why posters are banned?:confused:

Why was 'The Fence' banned if you don't mind me asking?

Kind regards Shovelhead.

Yikes! We're losing good and long-time contributors to the forum
Hope they're coming back soon
Moderators, please don't ban me for saying this......I didn't mean any........
no, no, spare me! it was in jest, I swear!.............AAAAARGGG

The Fence was banned automatically for getting too many infractions.

Unlike the others, The Fence was not abusing people - they were for different issues (which I won't discuss), and the ban is only temporary.

With a name like that, I can only assume he was selling things on the black market and got caught! ;)

I suspect it was more along the lines of "sitting on the fence" (ie not making a decision one way or the other).

I don't understand why posters are banned?

Does it really matter that we don't know?

Whatever the reason, you don't get banned on a whim. So whatever a poster has done to earn themselves a holiday, they have done it over and over and over again and, in doing so, caused the moderators and the forum administrator a lot of grief.

And whether we agree with people being banned or not - at the end of the day it is a private forum. The door is open to everyone, but once you're in the room you gotta play by the rules of your host.

All members must surely realise that.

Those that don't, get sent to the sin bin.

Be it permanent or temporary.

End of story, really.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation.I've been a long time lurker and read alot of posts,thats why i asked.I decided to join up as i thought it was time to ask questions on investing after reading so many inspiring posts.Ausprop not related to spades i get called shovelhead at work as i dig trenches.

Kind regards Shovelhead.

Are infractions incurred when someone " Reports a post " ?

No, reporting a post simply alerts the moderation team that something needs attention.

Infractions are primarily used as a mechanism to (privately) explain to someone that they have broken the rules and to give details about why a post was removed or edited.

Lots of people get infractions for minor things (eg copyright infringement which could cause us legal issues), but they are typically just used for educational purposes "please don't do this" type things, and there are usually no further consequences as a result.

I don't see them. I can only see the 'Latest kudos received'. Am I not offending people enough?? I thought I do ok job on that front :D

There are a lot of nice people, I received some kudos in the past apparently :D. Will try to leave some now I know how to do it (was hoping this forum have like button haha)

Back