Will Apple still lead without Steve Jobs?

Do you think Apple will continue to be the most successful company on the planet without Steve guiding the way? Or do you think this could be the slow demise of this powerhouse?

Do you think Apple will continue to be the most successful company on the planet without Steve guiding the way? Or do you think this could be the slow demise of this powerhouse?

History shows when a head is killed, a snake will kick around lots then die down.

Henry Ford's Ford motor company is still around albeit skirting near bankrupcy a few times. Microsoft share price wanders around ever since Bill Gates left. General Electric is still around, is it still in the same shape and form as in its glory days when Thomas Edison was around? Where is Rockefeller oil company now? Andrew Carnegie's steel company?

The exception is when a head is a dynasty. When a figure head is gone, there are successors within the family to take over the batons. Like the JP Morgan families, queens of England, DuPond, Murdoch... In Australia, the Packer family is getting into the second generation now.

In general, the business will not do as well over time. :)

One of the greatest things that has come out of Apple is the fanbase. They are loyal and that is rubbing off on others. Apple have done a great job in people having connection between smart phone = iphone, table = ipad, mp3 player = ipod.

Even when there are greater products out there, especially in smart phones, some of the ones about to hit the shelf have great specs, unfortunately the day new iphone hits the shelves they'll be swept up and these great phones will go floating by.

I hope not though as I said some of the new products coming out look fantastic and I am waiting for them.

Like I said apple have done a great job making i-whatevers fashion icons. You're not cool if you dont have an iphone. You're not up to date if you aren't tweeting off an iphone.

Brilliant business. Unlucky for those that have some good products.

The way Android has been taking market share over the last 12-24 months I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple's share of these markets fall away. I think it will be very difficult to tell whether the drop off was specifically due to Jobs dying or whether it was just a natural fall from the top of their game which they are clearly at now given their market cap, record profits, etc.

i might take a 24 month $299 put against APPL...
Interesting... having never traded a put option (but understanding the basics of what it is), what is the price of purchasing and potential gain should the share price fall that low? What sort of broker can facilitate this trade?

Interesting... having never traded a put option (but understanding the basics of what it is), what is the price of purchasing and potential gain should the share price fall that low? What sort of broker can facilitate this trade?

It's the same as a call option but reversed. I suspect traders would have bought long term put option before this happened. Not sure if they're still around but I used to use optionsXpress to trade options.

Seems like a waste of time really (options trading for retail investors). Honestly, you might as well just short Apple on CFDs using CMC Markets or IG Markets and put in a stop loss. Leverage on those markets is like 90+% LVR...no need for options.

Back