Will Australia's next property boom be the greatest boom we've ever seen?

What will happen to Australian property prices over the next 10 years...

• Big boom first, then bust (bigger boom & bust than the last one)

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Small boom first, then bust (smaller boom & bust than the last one)

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Recession first, then big boom (bigger boom than the last one)

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Recession first, then small boom (smaller boom than the last one)

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Continual stagnation or falling prices for the next 10 years

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know for a fact that Shadow is involved with the troll club whose actions destroyed two Australian housing forums, have repeatedly stolen the online identities (including mine) of others to further their cause and generally harassed people in their online and offline life, so yes I guess you could say I'm a little vindictive :)
Not only vinvictive. It's an obsession you have. Your Bullion Baron website contains nearly as many extensive dedicated blogs attacking Shadow and others you seem to dislike, as it does talking about gold. Those are pure personal attacks which have nothing to do with issues. You have devoted at least 4 blogs to personally attacking Shadow and another attacking Strindberg at length including lots of screenshots you have taken. They must have taken a great deal of your time to compose. And now your are displaying your personal hatred on other sites like here. Despite your denial of posting on APF it does look as though you are posting there as tech_support. This campaign will do you no favours at all.
I can understand you are a bit pissed off with selling your PPOR in Adelaide in 2008 before prices rose but it's not right to take it out on Shadow.

the median price in Sydney will exceed one million dollars within the next 7 or 8 years

AUHousePriceChart4.gif

Interesting to look back at my prediction from seven and a half years ago... :D

gees I pity anyone that wants to live in Sydney. and for this grand sum of $1m, roughly how far from the GPO would it buy you? and how does that equate to commute time?

bump

to show more detail of the prediction 8 posts later

I think this boom has already begun in several cities. My prediction, simply based on extrapolating the median price lines against the trendlines, following similar peaks and dips to previous booms...

Peak of boom: 2014-2015. Sydney Median Price: $1,250,000
Bottom of bust: 2017-2018. Sydney Median Price: $1,100,000

Something like this...

AUHousePriceChart5.gif

I could be completely wrong of course so don't go buying lots of property just based on my prediction!

Cheers,

Shadow.

gees I pity anyone that wants to live in Sydney. and for this grand sum of $1m, roughly how far from the GPO would it buy you? and how does that equate to commute time?

$1mill can be an hour commute to the CBD ( well 50 mins and 44km by bus from my suburb ).

$1mill can be an hour commute to the CBD ( well 50 mins and 44km by bus from my suburb ).

wow. I knew it would be bad but that really is bad. What a waste of the day, 2 hrs commuting. Over here, for a similar commute you could buy something like:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-dudley+park-119590963

All relevant to incomes tho. I see quite a lot finance roles over in Sydney paying $200-300k, where as in Perth that would be more like $120-$200k. I saw a similar thing with London, if you are happy to wage slave it, just sit there on a high wage and pay off a loan in an expensive city then cash down to a cheaper one as an accelerated retirement option

The next 8 years

Hi Player,
How would your graph extrapolation look like for the next 8 years for our major capital cities?

It's scary to have this predicted in 2008, well done!

to show more detail of the prediction 8 posts later

AUHousePriceChart5.gif
My trend line was spot on, although I think the peak for this cycle will be around 2017 now, instead of 2015.

The GFC delayed everything by a couple of years. But I still think prices will peak around the $1.2M to $1.25M level in 2017.

An interview on this morning's Sunrise program - the guy said $1mill minimum for a freestanding home in the "middle ring".

Never get why you'd sell your PPOR. I can understand selling IPs but a PPOR is a consumer item and safeguard.
Folks sell PPoR's for a lot of different reasons;

I'm living in PPoR no.5, currently;

First sale - result of relationship split.
Second - sold to buy another property to run a B&B and golf school/camp business.
Third - sold B&B due to being too highly leveraged and having no cashflow, no life basically.
Fourth - sold to build current PPoR which is an upgrade from PPoR no.4.

If we could sell our current PPoR for what we want, we could pay out all debt including remaining business loan and IP debt, and have enough left over to buy a more modest doer-upper near home for cash, or maybe smallish loan.

Or; even just rent somewhere, and pay cash for a couple more IP's and retire on pos cashflow rents from the 3 of them and business..

The sudden increase in cashfllow with no debt to service would not only allow us to scale back work hours dramatically, but also allow us to get back into more projects and investments as well; using equity in the IP's...hence; it is now on the market.

Back