Will council allow subdision entrance from lane

Hi people.

Looking at a little place in Terang Vic. A very long 1000m block - 80m long would you believe.
House is right up at front but block being so long , it only has a 2.9 m drive through from the side of house to rear of block.
8om , as you'd imagine there is a hell of a lot of empty yard at back and it has a skinny little lane behind.
Subdivision comes to mind of course , or rear flats or something .

Corangimite Shire. Any thoughts or problems with a skinny little lane rear entrance or else and very narrow side entrance from the front through from beside house , battle axe or something , problems and look out fores ?
Dunno , tossing it around ,lots and lots of space at the rear of this thing !

Cheers

Absolutely nothing wrong with discussing it here, I didn't mean that at all.

I just meant that every council is different and unless people are familiar with your council and its regulations then the advice could be misleading.
Marg

I'm just after any experiences and possible ideas Marg , not too many councils know much about making money , or being creative.
Actually , they are very creative about making things difficult and taking your money though aren't they , they make me nervous.

Cheers

A sense of address

One of the things councils often want is that each place has a 'sense of address'. Among other things, this means emergency services can find the place. As can pizza delivery drivers etc. Unless the lane has a name, then having that as the sole entry might cause problems.... might be easier to have units behind the main house with side driveway. Although the laneway could be used for parking access, just the front for pedestrian access.

How far into the backyards have the neighbours built? The more the better.

My council won't allow two-storey units if it's next to recreational space of neighbour unless the second floor is 'attic style' bedrooms.

One of the things councils often want is that each place has a 'sense of address'. Among other things, this means emergency services can find the place. As can pizza delivery drivers etc. Unless the lane has a name, then having that as the sole entry might cause problems.... might be easier to have units behind the main house with side driveway. Although the laneway could be used for parking access, just the front for pedestrian access.

How far into the backyards have the neighbours built? The more the better.

My council won't allow two-storey units if it's next to recreational space of neighbour unless the second floor is 'attic style' bedrooms.

Thanks for the tips property.
This place is just one we are looking as it's cheap but they're expecting high rent demand shortly and with the strangely deep block well .
The lane doesn't have a name , wierd .
Talking neighbours , for starters it would need a decent paling higher fence for privacy. It just has those low older galv things right now , 80m each side plus the dividing fence and a new one at rear , gonna cost a fortune alone. There's just backyards either side.
I'm going back tomorrow , take another look around .

Cheers

Back