Will Re agent cc you in on messages

Hi about to sell a unique property and would like to know if agent will cc you in on messages as I'm paying and would like to know what's being asked and said ? Also hi I have joined instead of just reading some great info here should of joined and posted a long time ago

You can always ask, and even contract for this. They may have an issue with privacy though, but point out that they are acting as your agent (in the legal sense).

I don't believe they will - I doubt they should show you the replies from the prospective buyers as that would be a breach of the prospective buyer's privacy.

But doesn't hurt to ask if it's what you want.

Hi about to sell a unique property and would like to know if agent will cc you in on messages as I'm paying.....

Not if the agent is in his right mind. ;)

You might be paying, but you are paying for the agent to get a sale price on terms that you are happy with. You are not paying for access to his current or future database, or for an insight into his sales methodology.:D:)

Hi about to sell a unique property and would like to know if agent will cc you in on messages as I'm paying and would like to know what's being asked and said ?

Depends if you are dealing with a peacock tail-style signalling of superiority type real estate agent ,and if this is as you say a unique style of property then why not try and sell it yourself,but I don't think for one second that any agent would let you in on the total picture on what's happening,if they did no one would buy or sell anything, agents only get upset when someone uses them, not the other way around..

you can always ask the question and the worst is they come back with no.

Again you are only paying them to find you a buyer and not how they work and there might be a privacy risk as the purchaser is emailing only to the REA yet you are seeing the private conversation.

Also what happens if they are asking about your property and another property on the same email do you get to see that email? What if both vendors had asked to see emails and then one or both the vendors are not happy with the response as they thought it made the other property better and not encouraging them to purchase their property.

Ask but don't be surprised if they say no.

Incredibly uncommon to be cc'd into email correspondence. The question is if this will actually result in a superior result for you - I'm doubtful.

Active client engagement in a professional's process can create less than desirable outcomes.

Last edited:
Active client engagement in a professionals process can create less than desirable outcomes.

^ ^ I think I'm going to steal this quote. Initially I will give some attribution to you Corey, but over time I will forget where it came from and I will then tell everyone it's mine. :)

Back