Will there be more to choose from soon?

I'm getting frustrated that there seems to be less and less worth going in to look at (or I'm getting better at the intial 'weeding' I guess). Is it normally slow right before the end of the financial year and in Winter? Will Spring bring more joy or is that just a myth?

I'm all edgy and want to buy SOON! :mad:

You could be describing the lack of supply/market rising scenario...:)

dare I say it......will I...?
....better not.....
....bugger it...

Better get in quick...! LOL

Only joking Casserole....patience is the key and yes you probably are getting better at weeding out....that's a good thing for you to stay strong with....something will come up I'm sure....good luck...!

As long as you have your finance ready - the more you look the more you analyse.

Of course its tough - have you a particular area you are interested in? Are there any units/houses you like?

Why not do a selective mailbox drop. We are a FHB lloking to buy in this area, looking for ................. etc.

If you are looking to sell your property please ring me on ...... as I am the buyer subject to suitability of inside and banks valuation.

Get out there and find that place most places sell from the outside and banks do drive by valuations.

Regards
Sheryn

I'm all edgy and want to buy SOON! :mad:

Join the club. I haven't bought anything in over a year and chaffing at the bit.
Looking, looking.

Maybe I'm being too picky but FHB are running in and offering over price.
I saw a guy begging the agent to take his cheque. She said "no we have 3 offers at full price already". He's saying "but I'll give you a cheque for 10% right now.
Crazy. It was an average unit but the owners had painted and put up a few nice paintings and put a cute girls bedspread on a bed with a wall hanging.

Frustrating. I have seen some good stuff but they are expecting decent to high prices. Even ones needing renovating are asking crazy prices. One thing with those at least the FHB are not as keen with those. But they see the prices the others are getting and want the same.

I want to buy 2 IP's this year. Even if I get one I can relax a bit.

Hasten Slowly

Be patient folks. Keep looking and analysing and don't buy just for the sake of it unless the numbers stack up for you and your chosen criteria.

That more affordable end where the government has created a false sense of demand with its boosted handout as a vote winner, may come back a bit.

Even if it doesn't, the demand will soften and pickings will be better. As far as the above median property stock (in Melbourne that I'm familiar with) there is a lower number of offerings, and clearance rates are looking (on the surface) to be strong so ther media will bleat about this for a few weeks.

It is frustrating when you are keen to go again and also take advantage of lower rates, however don't compromise your due diligence or "walk away price". You may actually find that some stock comes back to the market as rates rise and with less demand prices might soften in that FHB realm.

Even though you'll be exposed to higher interest rates, your choices will be larger and with less competition. At the end of the day, your interest shortfall is tax deductible hence buffering the difference between the nice low rates of today with future rises.

I could have said the above in two words:

DON'T RUSH ;)

Friend in Melbourne said she went to an auction in Coburg for a 1BR flat not even renovated last weekend, - there were about 80 there and agent thought price range $210 - sold for $310

What about Perth, do people still think it is overpriced, some of the houses i am looking at have been sitting on the market for over 12months and still can't sell and the price is still the same.

Hi DE
I am not touching the Perth market, I am finding great value East and growth is achieveable today.

Cheers, MTR

Around here all the good stuff is priced a bit high and sells really, really fast. Then there's the crap left behind noone buys which sits around forever. Both very cheap and very expensive stuff gets ignored while the stuff in the middle sells like hotcakes.

Its just the market here - its mostly retirees, they want something nice and have the money for it, so properties around $200-300k sell fast. Anything under $180k is usually so average they won't touch it - noone wants to buy a property that needs work, no matter what the price. There's some interesting stuff in the pile of leftover crap in my area, including a few that would either clean up or subdivide for a very healthy profit, but I can't do anything besides sit and watch them, hoping they are still for sale in a few months when I have money again. Which, to be honest, they probably will be.

I'm not sure what all the FHBs are doing, they're probably just building houses, its quite affordable. $140k will build you a *very* nice 3x1 on a 800sqm block.

What about Perth, do people still think it is overpriced, some of the houses i am looking at have been sitting on the market for over 12months and still can't sell and the price is still the same.

I have been looking around Inglewood, Bedford, Dianella. I think they are overpriced but they are still selling pretty quick.

Chomp

Back