Williams Landing, Laverton

Does anyone know anything about Williams Landing development in Laverton RAAF? Will they have house and land packages available or are they just selling land?

Has anyone purchased house and land packages as IP's? What are the pros and cons?

Hi Charliey,
What are your thoughts on it?
I had a look out there today and like the location, but just a bit worried that there are lots of houses in the area available for rent. Then again the population out there is booming....
Posnow

Yes, I agree that the population had grown alot compared to last 2 years. Many had bought new houses and settled. Few of my friends from South East had already moved here because for the price 400K you get good new 4 bedroom house which you can't get it south east.

New Point cook town(more than 100 shops) will bring more jobs and fill up the rental properties. Plus new Palmers road exit and new train station are signs for growth. Laverton had already shown its growth in the last year. I had seen properties sold on first inspection itself.

was just wondering, would the air base affect the houses? like noise pollution? or aircraft landing at 3am in the morning?

anyone living there knows about this?

was just wondering, would the air base affect the houses? like noise pollution? or aircraft landing at 3am in the morning?

Isn't this the typical suburb to get squeeze by high rates and falling house prices? I can see its appeal long term, though ......

Yes you can't go wrong with this suburb. It is no more a mortagee belt. If you look recently most of the properties are being bought by investors in this suburb.

Pros for Laverton...

Last station for Zone 1
30 Mins to City by train
New railway track sanctioned in 2008 budget
More car park sanctioned in 2008 budget
When Williams landing starts then this suburb will have the ripple effect of being much closer to city compared to Williams landing.
Easy access to Freeway.
New development happening in nearby suburb.

Whats peoples thoughts on Williams Landing now?

I was out there on the weekend and blocks in the current development are selling for about 202 to 220k. So you add a house to this and you are up for about 380k in total.

I used to be based at Laverton RAAF in the 80's and found it weird standing on the now torn up runway looking at the base.

The overhead plans show a large retail sector being built at the freeway end of the development near the new station and overpass it looks quite large my first thoughts were that with the impresive Point Cook new town centre growing will there be enough people to support such a large retail project or is this a way to attract buyers and the plans are dramatically scaled back to single 7 eleven after a few years.

I have never bought in a new estate and maybe i lack the vision to see the development but is buying in these places a good investment or are you better just sticking to older houses in established not so popular areas, such as laverton, sunshine west, altona meadows

I dont think they use the airstrip anymore, the first part of the estate is built on the old runway itself and the control tower has been derelict for years, the base is mainly storage these days as far as I can tell, the plans show access roads to the base so maybe the development will be much larger eventually if the RAAF sells off the entire base

Is it worth investing in Laverton?

Found some interesting properties in Laverton.

Below properties looks like bargain to me...Also zone 1 railways station at short stroll. The blocks are big so can be subdivided later as well....close to Williams Landing...

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007699339

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007708514

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007708519#

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007270861

Your thoughts on this area and properties?

Very sad. I wonder why all projects (like Wyndham harbour, RRL,etc) in west linger or get scrapped where east is booming and planners of Melbourne always focus towards the east. Quite an injustice with residents of the west.

Does Wyndham Harbour also get canned?! I thought the construction has started already..

This is a lesson to all of you West lovers - never ever rely on contingent government projects for investment.

And as for the injustice to Western residents - just look at the Doncaster train line....a million feasibility studies and still no train line! Imagine if you bought there for the train line back in the 1960s!

just look at the Doncaster train line....a million feasibility studies and still no train line! Imagine if you bought there for the train line back in the 1960s!

Doncaster is already established area, so laying a rail line means destorying homes costing $1 million each. And Doncaster does have 'Park and Ride' which has plenty of direct public transport to city.

And what public transport does Tarneit and Wyndham have? And whats stopping the govt to lay a rail line in open lands.

Back