Willmot NSW 2770

The only people that catch taxis at night are people that have been drinking, finishing work or going to the airport

Exactly! You see the worst of the worst, so if you've never actually lived in or near the area, you really have no idea at all, which is why I take offense to this comment.

Living in those suburbs of Mount Druitt, Bidwell Shalvey Willmot Whalan etc is like taking your life into your hands. Terrible place.

There are plenty of decent, honest people who live in this area. I can think of many places that literally scare me, but Mt Druitt is not one of them.

We lived in the area for seven years without incident.

My girlfriend is from St Mary's. I spend 3-4 days a week out west. Most people there are honest legit people. Yeah you get the odd junkie coming up to you asking for change or going nuts at himself when you're eating paradise chicken at mt Druitt station, but then again I've had that happen just as many times in surry hills too!

I live towards the water end of Pyrmont, 2 bedders are fetching 1mil nowdays some people might say it's a prestigious area, and I can honestly say I'll have no issues moving out west on a 750sqm+ block and have my own shed, cars, motorbikes, boat, dog, and home gym and I'd never look back. But then again, that's just me I'm told by my friends that I'm a grub lol

My point is these areas are providing a lifestyle that other areas can't provide for that pricepoint.

Living in those suburbs of Mount Druitt, Bidwell Shalvey Willmot Whalan etc is like taking your life into your hands. Terrible place.

And you may just meet some genuine people who are hard workers who don't
smoke, drink, gamble too etc.. Sterotype housos can be found across Sydney. Sure there are a few more than average in the circuit but you would also find some terrific people there. Its not that bad. I have a IP there and tenants are great. Single mum and older kids who are great kids.

Not a place to walk alone at night but I would argue if your car broke down they would help you get it going and not ignore you (and yes also a few who may strip it if you left it overnight).

I live towards the water end of Pyrmont, 2 bedders are fetching 1mil nowdays some people might say it's a prestigious area, and I can honestly say I'll have no issues moving out west on a 750sqm+ block and have my own shed, cars, motorbikes, boat, dog, and home gym and I'd never look back. But then again, that's just me I'm told by my friends that I'm a grub lol

My point is these areas are providing a lifestyle that other areas can't provide for that pricepoint.

It's your life. You get to choose. Parramatta surrounds is another option although a tad more expensive. But you can get a 750sqm within a mill between Wentworthville and Seven Hills.

Back