win, win, win!

We have our latest ppr rented out til we sold our existing. tenants have complained electric hws is not heating. Priced a new Rinnai 26 (only way to go) and because of the new regulations, all hws have to be at 50deg. (***nanny state!) or else you need a regulator valve in each shower, ....except if you are renovating an old house, yeeeaaahhh. So builders supplies selling 60deg hws services cheap to get rid of them, got about $400 off....and, when hubby got home he said there is a rebate as well if you are changing electricity to gas - about $650!!! We will end up paying the plumber to install and about $200 for the hws, which we would have done straight away on shifting in, and possibly even be able to claim it on tax. This is going to be a good reno I can feel it in my bones

I looked into this rebate for an IP also and found it was only applicable if the property was your PPOR at the time.

I had to change a 50lt HWS in my IP several months ago. It cost me $750 all up, an extra $120 for the regulator. The thing's got a thermostat, cant they just adjust that to 50 degrees? Lose Lose Lose for me.

But wait a minute I'll be jacking the rent up $20 pw...oohh yeah!...win win win..

Back