Windsor - Brisbane

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone familiar with the area could give me a breakdown of the streets/areas to avoid. I like the proximity of the area to the CBD and the lowish entry point so am looking at a few strata properties as potential IPs.

Have heard that there are certain pockets to avoid, in particular, the pocket fenced by the railway line, Albion St, Bowen St and Roblane St. Any truth to this?

I think you have just about nailed it.

Avoid the railway side and you can't go too far wrong.

Thanks Richard. Can I ask how bad this area actually is and if you would recommend avoiding it alltogether?

I've looked on pricefinder and on streetview and there doesn't seem to be any obvious commission housing, at least no big blocks of them anyway.

Thanks Richard. Can I ask how bad this area actually is and if you would recommend avoiding it alltogether?

I've looked on pricefinder and on streetview and there doesn't seem to be any obvious commission housing, at least no big blocks of them anyway.
I don't think you are classifying any of the suburb bad in this way, more bad in terms of needing a row boat tied to your porch in certain pockets of the suburb :)

I don't think you are classifying any of the suburb bad in this way, more bad in terms of needing a row boat tied to your porch in certain pockets of the suburb :)

So is flooding the main issue? I've checked flood map for the property that I'm looking at and it's all clear. However, when I mention the area I have comments from people that it's "dodgy". However, these people don't actually live around there so I was hoping to get another perspective.

So is flooding the main issue? I've checked flood map for the property that I'm looking at and it's all clear. However, when I mention the area I have comments from people that it's "dodgy". However, these people don't actually live around there so I was hoping to get another perspective.
'Dodgy'? All relative I guess.

Reminded of Voltaire when someone commented 'Life is hard'.. he replied 'Compared to what?' :)

Back