Witzl's tightar$e IP renos....

PART 2 of townhouse tart-up

We fixed up the rear courtyard.
The starting point was pretty awful....

oldgarden2_zps2770c351.jpg

oldgarden3_zps3136ff37.jpg

...... then about 2.5 tonnes of dirt & bark, a crapload of bricks and blocks later.....

gardendone1_zps2429825d.jpg

gardendone3_zps59a7c516.jpg

All costs added up.... probably around $1800.

This also includes buying a heap of paint, light fittings, light switches and bits and pieces to finish off the kitchen and interior, and painting a couple of new doors that strata fitted (old doors were rotten).

the after pics for the kitchens are taken from the real estate listings... so yeah i kinda cheated there, but the townhouse backyard pics were taken with a good quality Sony camera.

I could've done these renos cheaper if i did more of the work myself, but given that a lot of the kitchen work was done with a tenant in place, it was imperative they were done quickly - hence paying tradies.

Still, you would be paying over $20K for the kitchen in the townhouse if you went to a kitchen company, and that wouldnt include the nice little extras like LED lighting, integrated dishwasher and laundry reno.

I like it :) Especially the second IP....

Funny I should though. We have just installed 20mm Caesar stone with two waterfalls, and a heap of cabinets from Ikea. Including integrated lighting, and an integrated dishwasher (we went Asko though). We choose a similar glass splash back but ours is being done by a local supplier and friend. Ours has been painted in 'Nexus'. Basically a mid sparkly grey. So quite a bit of similarities, but I'm not sure if yours is Ikea. All up from Ikea including the stone, internals fancy lighting, light globes ect was $5700. It's amazing how all the other costs add up... flooring, splash back, dishwasher, paint and painting supplies.

Still, you bet us by a mile time wise. We are still in the DYI process.

The kitchen in the 2nd IP (townhouse) is far from Ikea quality.
It's a custom design flatpack from DIY Australia, with 2pak polyurethane cupboards in gloss white, soft close cupboards, soft close drawers, a waste bin drawer, etc etc.

Cupboards alone were around the $4.5K mark, without assembly and fitting (mate's rates).

Cool :)

I quite like the Ikea kitchens, ours also has soft close cupboards, soft close drawers, a waste bin drawer, all the internal fittings and dividers. I'll check out DYI Australia though. Another kit kitchen company I was unaware of.

There seem to be so many. Freedom, Bunnings, Ikea, even Harvey Norman and the Good Guys are doing kit kitchens these days.

I didn't mean to offend.

Nah no offense at all.
DIY Australia is not one of these low-end mass produced type kitchen companies though, they use high end materials and finishes, and allow for custom designs which can then be supplied either flat packed or assembled.

For example, the 2nd IP above is 18mm MDF, gloss poly (2pak) finish, with Blum soft close hinges and Blum soft close drawers.
Freedom, Bunnings, ikea, etc generally all use low grade chipboard or similar, laminate finish, and cheap hinges. There is a noticable difference in the quality!

Back