Wizard take II = Yellow Brick Road

hmmm so The Apprentice was one doozy of a recruitment drive?? :rolleyes:

Good luck to him... and hopefully we will see ëasy money" soon :D

competition is good but the horse has bolted.

the big banks now dominate the lending market...seriously he'd be lucky to get 1% market share with YBR.

and also, he sold his Wizard customers out to ruthless GE, so why should we trust this man?? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He's no white knight, just a business man trying to make another quid.

and also, he sold his Wizard customers out to ruthless GE, so why should we trust this man??

But he doesn't need for the informed to trust him. All he need to do to start off the new business is provide a great deal for the brokers. While the better ones may stay clear, there would be plenty that would willingly sell the product to their client base if the terms were agreeable.

But he doesn't need for the informed to trust him. All he need to do to start off the new business is provide a great deal for the brokers. While the better ones may stay clear, there would be plenty that would willingly sell the product to their client base if the terms were agreeable.

Neither Wizard or YBR are available through brokers. They're both franchises. I beleive Wizard had access to other lenders products like a broker, but I wouldn't consider someone who only look outside their franchises' brand when the brand doesn't work a broker.

YBR's strength is its marketing, not it's product. Their loan products are funded by a building society (can't remember which one), but they're pricing it higher than the same product through the building society, with less favourable terms.

All competition is good competition.

Once the securitisation market comes back, YBR et all, will be back.

The banks knew this when they offered great deals in 2009 to secure the FHO buyers. I am sure the % that move on in the first few years is minor.

He is an astutue businessman.

Peter

My brother is a partner in this UK advertising agency

http://www.theredbrickroad.co.uk/

All comes down to Dorothy in Wizard of Oz and which road she takes. In UK there are two related advertising agencies (Red Brick Road and Yellow Brick Road).

Maybe Mark Bouris thinks he is Australia's version of the Wizard of Oz.

Attachments

• poppies.jpg
    poppies.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 65
I read the link which had 7 comments when I viewed and all overwhelmingly negative. But I suppose it will save me $80/month.......:p

hi all
this is abit of old news
he started yellow brick road about 5 months ago when I heard.
what interests me is the people behind the franchises
there are some very colourfull guys in that lot.
can it be that that road turns red.

Back