WMV to DVD Converter

I use Cyberlink Power Producer which came free with an LG DVD drive.
So if you have an LG or know someone who has, I think it's a neat little prog for burning DVDs.

DVD Flick is totally free and quite good at making regular DVDs from all kinds of video files (including WMV).

Features:
  • Burn near any video file to DVD
  • Support for over 45 file formats
  • Support for over 60 video codecs
  • Support for over 40 audio codecs
  • Easily add a menu
  • Add your own subtitles
  • Easy to use interface
  • Burn your project to disc after encoding
  • Completely free without any adware, spyware or limitations
Not only that, but the download includes IMG Burn, which is also totally free and really good CD/DVD burning software.

I am pretty sure there is soft made by Xilisoft that does this. I have used their programs for other video conversions for DVD and had no issues with it at all, actually thought it was quite good!

Adding to this thread, is there any way of saving on-line videos to your PC

I had done it in time gone past by visiting internet hisory and saving, but havn't done it for a while now

I use a Firefox addon call "Flash & Video Download".
Give a little icon to click and download anythin in flash player.

Tools-->Addons-->Get Addons

If you are talking in particular Youtube, then search the net. You can get video downloaders for Youtube, you put in the link to that video and it downloads it directly to your computer.

You can use software like this to download videos: http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

But for something that you've already watched, be it youtube, an ad, a movie trailer, etc, the video has already been downloaded, and will be in the internet history as Redwing said.

For IE, go to: Tools - Internet Options - Browsing History - Settings - Temp Internet Files - View Files

For opera, type: opera:cache in the address bar, and for firefox type: about:cache

You can organise by type, then copy the video file to wherever - If you try to play the video from the temp internet folder, while the pc is connected to the net, you'll probably find that the video is just treated as a shortcut, so it will be downloaded again.

And for converting wmv or almost anything to dvd, I use convertxtodvd, which is supposedly the fastest and highest quality software around. A low end/cheap dual core pc or laptop will convert and burn a 2 hour movie to dvd in under an hour at high quality. It can be had for free... :rolleyes:

Back