Woodridge/Kingston Or Eagleby Or Deception Bay

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to see what everybody's thoughts were on these suburbs in the short to medium term. I am confident all these suburbs will perform well in the long term.

Woodridge and Kingston are nearest to the Brisbane CBD around 25-28kms whereas Eagleby is 32km from the Brisbane CBD and Deception Bay is around 41km from Brisbane CBD. Therefore would you think that Woodridge and Kingston be the best option due to the proximity to the Brisbane CBD. Or do you think the sea lifestyle of Deception Bay would increase capital faster. I know that Deception Bay will be able to access the Brisbane CBD in 2016 when the nearby Rothwell Station will be open. However I am still worried about its distance to the Brisbane CBD and job growth in the Deception Bay/Moreton Bay region. The query I have with Eagleby is also travelling to the CBD but also accessing the more populated area of Logan (Logan Central, Browns Plains area etc) as you would have to cross the highway.

Therefore based on this, what is the best suburb considering these factors as well and what is the best way of sieving through all the data to determine the best investment suburb out of these ones.

Thanks!

Hi Proper Property,
This is a very timely post. I've been considering the same areas/questions. We bought in Woodridge and settled in August, 2014. If we can believe 'on the house' it's already moved about $13,000. I have no reason to disbelieve this as I have continued to watch the area and I'm having trouble finding one of the same calibre for the same price. I'm now looking at Deception Bay to see if I can find anything with the same returns. 6.14% or above. I've noticed that in my price range they need a bit of a basic reno job - paint, new bathroom vanity, some need new kitchens. Woodridge appeared better returns and less work. I haven't given up on Deception Bay but I'm keeping my eye on Woodrige and a few other areas; Redbank Plains, Toowoomba - just haven't found the magic yield numbers we're after like our Woodridge IP.

We have been investing in the Logan area for a few years now and have seen a steady growth in the area. I would still go Woodridge - Eagelby - Deception Bay in that order. There are still some good properties to be had if you're quick and finance ready.

How about Crestmead? Would you say that would be one of the nicer parts of Logan?

Also how did you come up with the order for the suburbs?

Crestmead is a nice suburb, has newer builds and better quality tenants than
Kingston, Woodridge & Logan Central. The entry cost is also a tad higher, so yields are lower.

Downsides are the lack of shopping centres and you generally need a car to get around.

Chat to agents in the area, speak to SS members or search the forums on the different suburbs, that will give you an idea on the different suburbs.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi PP

Crestmead and Marsden are definitely the better parts of Logan. Agree speak with agents and property managers in the area, check out the yields and then make your decisions.

hmmmm

Im revisiting this area, and would like to ask some locals their opinion.. any areas, streets of Eagleby that one should aviod?? some local knowledge and opinion before I go pound the pavements would be great....

Hi luvvit, love your cat, so cute!
Just wanting to ask why Eagleby in particular and say not Beenleigh, Crestmead, Marsden, Logan Central, Woodridge, Kingston, Slacks Creek, Waterford West or Eden's Landing which are other suburbs in Logan that can be high yielding and closer to the CBD in some cases. For instance, the North part of Woodridge is about 19 km to CBD.

Hi Beanie Girl
Ha, cat is Lucas, he most certainly is a personality like none I've seen before!!! Um not married to Eagleby, but for this purchase I only have access to about 250k, including deposit, so cost is a contributing factor....

Hi Beanie Girl
Ha, cat is Lucas, he most certainly is a personality like none I've seen before!!! Um not married to Eagleby, but for this purchase I only have access to about 250k, including deposit, so cost is a contributing factor....

Hey luvvit, Lucas certainly looks like he has heaps of personality :)
Truly Exotic is familiar with the area as well as mikezen who is familiar with Beenleigh and surrounds and does innovative granny flat conversions.

On another tangent,
have you thought about a townhouse or unit in Rochedale South in a good location which may be more suited to your budget or do you have your mind definitely fixed on a house with land? A house with land in Logan does/may give you the option to build a granny/auxiliary flat later if all in the Revised Logan Plan gets approved by the Qld State Govt.

But it depends if you are after cash flow, capital growth, a mix of both and your strategy and goals and your timeframe - long term/short term. Buy and hold, buy and flip, buy and develop. As Rixter always says, property is just the vehicle to get you there (your goal).

Back