Woodridge, QLD and Surroundings?

Hi all,

I'm a couple months off purchasing 2 more IPs and just searching around at present for myself and also my brother. I've just come across Woodridge and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the area?

Looks as though 7% yields are easy to achieve. 5 mins from 3 motorways, 20 mins from Brisbane CBD and 3bdr houses on 700sqm blocks can be bought for $230k or so, with townhouses under $200k. Compared to Western Sydney, these prices look too good to be true and Woodridge is closer to their respective CBD than much more expensive properties in Western Sydney...

Is Woodridge the Mount Druitt of QLD?

I'm looking to purchase neutral/positively geared properties with good outlook for capital growth (well priced areas in metro QLD).

Are there flood zones in the area? What's the local market doing? Anything to watch out for when purchasing in the area from Sydney?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

John

Hi all,

I'm a couple months off purchasing 2 more IPs and just searching around at present for myself and also my brother. I've just come across Woodridge and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the area?

Looks as though 7% yields are easy to achieve. 5 mins from 3 motorways, 20 mins from Brisbane CBD and 3bdr houses on 700sqm blocks can be bought for $230k or so, with townhouses under $200k. Compared to Western Sydney, these prices look too good to be true and Woodridge is closer to their respective CBD than much more expensive properties in Western Sydney...

Is Woodridge the Mount Druitt of QLD?

I'm looking to purchase neutral/positively geared properties with good outlook for capital growth (well priced areas in metro QLD).

Are there flood zones in the area? What's the local market doing? Anything to watch out for when purchasing in the area from Sydney?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

John

Woodridge IS the Mount Druitt of Brisbane. Parts of neighbouring Slacks Creek are flood prone, but most of 4114 (the Brisbane equivalent to 2770) is not flood prone. Parts of Woodridge have extensive public housing.

Logan hasn't really moved much, although some have noticed some quicker sales about the place.

Is there any other suburb in Australia where people lock themselves in with 1.5 - 2m high chainlink fences?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=-27....3.105726&spn=0.017489,0.033023&num=1&t=m&z=16

Are the people scared of apartment residents at the end of the street, or those walking past via the bridge at the end of Wisp St?

(chainlink fences are widespread in ex-commission areas. However they are generally fairly low - say 70 - 80cm. It's unusual for them to be much higher than this)

You're better off buying $500 cheapie in Detroit Michigan .. when people in Brisbane make jokes about the scum of the city, Woodridge is where they live.

sure, we don't have to live in it, repeat to self Tula, you are buying a property for someone else to live in it, not yourself .. and repeat again. Really struggling with this concept.

sure, we don't have to live in it, repeat to self Tula, you are buying a property for someone else to live in it, not yourself .. and repeat again. Really struggling with this concept.

If it wasn't for the low socio-economic class, I probably wouldn't be in the investing game!

Is there any other suburb in Australia where people lock themselves in with 1.5 - 2m high chainlink fences?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=-27....3.105726&spn=0.017489,0.033023&num=1&t=m&z=16

Are the people scared of apartment residents at the end of the street, or those walking past via the bridge at the end of Wisp St?

(chainlink fences are widespread in ex-commission areas. However they are generally fairly low - say 70 - 80cm. It's unusual for them to be much higher than this)
My parents have a 2m high chainlink fence between back neighbours, it was there when they purchased. It's still there, although now covered in chickenwire due to pool safety laws. Low Chainlink fences in older neighbourhoods in Bris is pretty common and not limited to ex-commission areas.

Back