woohoo just bought another property!

Ok I just have to tell someone ....we just bought another property! It is in a strategic position for us as it is right next door to another one we own and now we just need one more (either side) and we can build units!!!!!!!
I am so excited. it is very close to cash flow neutral too.

I can't tell family or friends because they just ask if I am sure I know what I am doing:rolleyes:. yeah I'm 41 and don't work anymore while they all commute 2 hours a day....what would I know????

Well done Joanmc. You are a champion. Don't you just love that squirmy, confused type look on your non IP owner friends when they hear of your success?:D

You bloody capitalistic b........!

That's what I was called by a client of mine one day back about late 2007 while landscaping his backyard.....made me laugh cause he had just finished telling me he had all his retirement money tied up in shares like Fortesque ABC Learning to name just 2......

Think he didn't appreciate me telling him to take his profits while he had them as I explained the share market was making new highs day after day, week after week and it had to end soon.....mind you, I had no idea the level of crash that ensued...just knew that profits should have been booked at the time...

Have since run into him (outside his new workplace...yes he's back to work) and I didn't have the heart to say....told ya so....:D

Shoulda tho....:rolleyes:

Good on ya Joan....well done!

! It is in a strategic position for us as it is right next door to another one we own and now we just need one more (either side) and we can build units!!!!!!!
????

This all sounds a bit like a game I've played..??

Monopoly....?? Make sure the units are red!

See ya's.

Ok I just have to tell someone ....we just bought another property! It is in a strategic position for us as it is right next door to another one we own and now we just need one more (either side) and we can build units!!!!!!!
I am so excited. it is very close to cash flow neutral too.

I can't tell family or friends because they just ask if I am sure I know what I am doing:rolleyes:. yeah I'm 41 and don't work anymore while they all commute 2 hours a day....what would I know????

Well done Joan,

I was looking at doing this and coincidentally, came accross an article in this months API.

It was about agents and your negotiation skills wrt purchasing property.

When the next property comes up either side, hopefully, the agent is not aware that you own the other two there. Otherwise, the ball will be in his court and may look at getting a premium for the site.

I got thinking about this, and I was starting to get a bit paranoid, and was coming up with answers like one would be in my name, while the other one is in my company name, and then a new one would be in a new company name........ a bit silly....but I am sure the agent will have resources at his fingertips to see who owns the land next door. :)

Good luck, and hopefully you don't have to wait to long for your 'new' development project.

Cheers,

F

Back