Working in Japan?

I know it is not the right subject, but would like to ask help (information) from people working in Japan (Tokyo especially) in the IT sector.

I have already tried to contact AL and also asking, if there is anyone else on the forum who can assist, please contact me
on my email address

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tibor

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Tibor

I can tell you that its not a major impediment to your borrowing issues, regardless of what many banks will try to tell you.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1

Tibor,

your question reminds me of an Australian comedian (I forget who) describing her family members. The comedian declares how well paid English teachers are in Japan.

Her younger sister had taught English in Nagasaki for 6 months and was able to buy three houses outright when she returned.

Reply: 1.2

Thanks Rolf,

I am actually looking at possibly moving over and working there for a set period of time and just try to find out some background information about cost of living, cultural and what "what not to dos", access to Australian financial system, accommodation, aussies, etc.

As I do not know anyone, apart from people on the Forum who currently work in Tokyo, I am asking their help, so I have an informed discussion if and when the opportunity presents itself.

Tibor

Reply: 1.2.1

Tibor

I go to Japan every few years, to Osaka. There are plently of Aussies living there and in Tokyo, teaching English or working holiday etc.

Japan is a great place, the people are friendly, transport, food etc is excellent and the language is easy to learn, (but not neccessary-you could get around with English only). It is not as expensive as people think, and if you are working in the IT aream, the pay is very good. There are plenty of web sites around advertising jobs (even in IT) for English speakers (try http://www.workinjapan.com/ ). I think there are even agencies in Sydney that may help you find a job there. Pick up a copy of the local 'Nichigo Press' newspaper from a Japanese restuarant for the adverts.

Regards

Terryw

Reply: 1.1.1

English teachers are paid poorly in Japan AUD$50K/year. Nobody with a family could hope to live in reasonable comfort with that kind of money in Tokyo (costs me AUD$20K a year just to put food into 4 mouths). However for pretty young guys with blue eyes, a low cost of living and a high level of interest in spreading their wild oats around, english teaching appears to be quite rewarding in a non-monetary way. ;-)

<p>
<hr width="50%" color="pink">
<ul>

<li> Unless you change how you are, you'll always have what you've got.
<li> To have more than you've got, become more than you are.

</ul>

Back