Workshop - Financial Freedom for Women

Sorry Geoff my tone may have been interpreted as overly harsh, that was not my intention, I was just explaining why I so often question posts such as these.

I agree, its great Medine is contributing...

Hi Aceyducey,

Mmmm. I usually serve low fat dips, crudites, rice crackers and Dove Chocolate :). I guess I could arrange a fire - BYO drums, though ;)

Cheers, Medine

Medine said:
Thanks, Jerry Maguire

This post has been bothering me more and more, the more times it pops up :confused:

I dont think that I, as a semi-regular forum contributer, should feel bad for questioning Medines motives when she originally contributed a post advertising seminars and it was one of her first few posts.

Before I made my post effectively stating that I felt that Medine had to prove herself first, I went to her website and checked it out so I knew her background as a Financial Educator and Mortgage Broker, but the fact still remains, at the time of posting, Medine was an unknown quantity. Many of the forum rules state that this is not a forum for general advertising or a place to make ambit claims.

To Medine's credit she has contributed a bit since the time of posting but the jury is still out in my opinion as to whether this contribution is to gain further clients to seminars or as a genuine contributer to share skills and experience.

Dont' get me wrong, I am thankful that Medine is here and I look forward to her continued contribution and forum support, we need skilled investors as much as newbies, but I dont want to keep seeing posts like from Jerry Maguire "I cant believe this" and Medines "Thanks Jerry Maguire" which I believe perpetuate the fact that Medine has been treated incorrectly. She has been treated the way any other unknown quantity would be treated, and only Medine over time with further contribution can set the record straight anyway.

Even if I am the only person who feels this way, I felt compelled to respond to Jerry Maguire post.

Kind regards

Corsa

You're not the only one Corsa :)

And I've felt much more comfortable with Medine's recent posts. The think about stepping on Rolf's toes sounded like a poor excuse to me - the forum is large enough for any number of mortgage brokers...provided they contribute constructively!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi All

Until now I have kept my mouth firmly shut on this post and have let it ride in MY :O) moderated forum( sorry Jan and Ian) ............. but there is often a time to speak up and that time is now.

I can tell you that Medine has always seen the forum as "MY" turf, and was reluctant to contribute specifically for that reason.

This isnt the first post of this type that I have let ride in this, and other forums where I had the capacity to delete or park it.

I felt and still do feel that the intent of the post (and the "seminars") is primarily NOT for trawling for new business, or make a buck.

Indeed the intent (in my experience, rather than opionion) is to share the passion of the knowledge that she has gained through her own IP career and what she has learnt through extensive work with her clients.

Knowing Medine well on a personal level I know this to be true and anyone that attends (incl boys in drag:O) will learn bucketloads even if they are seasoned investors. This isnt an endorsement, its simply a fact as I know it.

ta

rolf

Hi Medine,

Rolf visited me in Melbourne I had taken a package from corporate Australia, and was looking for a new opportunity. After a long afternoon of sharing ideas Rolf suggested that I join the broking industry, and it has turned out to be work that I've really loved :) ! Any job that you spend your day immersed in people's investing strategies is okay by me ;) .
I said well done this is for you Medine
You have come a long way from entering the finance broking industry
I know the industry is tough and you managed to make yourself known to people
WELL DONE
Sounds like you love what you do but there is something on your way stopping you from going over the edge

So, I put together a workshop to tell my story in a non-hype, non-threatening environment that will hopefully show other ladies that you don't have to be special or even particularly clever to look after your finances :) !
You can also put your story on a cd and give it away on the night

Regards
Jerry

Hi all,

Actually, I can sympathise with Medine for not wanting to step on Rolf's toes. (I'll stay quiet about her using an early post for advertising, though...)

Although I've been a part of this forum for a couple of years now, I didn't post a great deal in the early stages purely because:

1. Being as young/inexperienced as I was meant I didn't have much to contribute, and,

2. What I did have a good understanding of, was what I'd learnt from Dad - who already posted answers to everyone's questions when he got to work and I was still asleep.

(Not that that always meant much when I was at uni - he could've posted in his lunch break and I still mightn't have gotten up yet!)

However, now that my main area of knowledge has shifted a little towards the real estate industry, I've found more oppurtunities to make what are hopefully constructive and worthwhile posts without simply creating more "noise", at PT Bear put it.

Just my take on that...

James.

Back