Worst Tenant Ever

Hey guys, I was listening to Nova while driving to work this morning and a land lord had called in to tell the breakfast crew about a terrible tenant he had that he couldn't get rid of.

Apparently the tenant was an ex property manager who knew all the loop holes. He would pay rent late, but would always pay a portion of it by some certain date so he couldn't be kicked out for that. He was served his 120 days notice, but went to VCAT and had an extra 120 days added because the notice was served 1 week after an inspection.

Can it really get that difficult to remove a bad tenant? Has anyone had any experiences like the nova caller?

Nope - all good here. I treat all my Tenants with love and respect, and they in turn make my Land more valuable. It's a win / win over here.

I think I know what the problem is with the nova caller. He obviously didn't send his Tenant flowers / chocolates and movie tickets for Easter.

i had elderly tenants that we kept on the same (under market) rent for the whole 2 years, in turn they kept the place immaculate.

then we got a young family in and....well, the rent + bond didn't cover the damage.

that's when i decided resi wasn't for me anymore.

What about the hugs?

Nope - all good here. I treat all my Tenants with love and respect, and they in turn make my Land more valuable. It's a win / win over here................

I do recall reading that you would also give a warm hug. :rolleyes:

Have you taken a hardened stance now :p .........just flowers and chocolates? :D

you should hug them too. they are paying the mortgage off whilst you sit back and sip on french champagne - disgusting as it is but its expensive and thats all that matters - I just don't want too many details of what his "win/win" actually involves

Can it really get that difficult to remove a bad tenant? Has anyone had any experiences like the nova caller?

quite seriosuly, most losers are happy just to trash the house and grab a couple of months free rent. I have never coem across a professional rent evader before and I think it;s pretty unusual. IF he used his talents to make money he woul dbe way ahead

quite seriosuly, most losers are happy just to trash the house and grab a couple of months free rent. I have never coem across a professional rent evader before and I think it's pretty unusual. IF he used his talents to make money he woul dbe way ahead

what talent do you see ? that he remembered some of the key pints form his old job ?!

Why would you want to have anything to do with your tenants on a personal level?

You provide THEM a roof over their heads, for around half what YOU pay for it.

They should be sending you gifts.:)

If you get professionals in like that you are up against it. Friend of mine had them in and they would not pay the rent every month because something had gone wrong. Whether it was manufactured or not who knows, always the pool filter had broken down or the stove exhaust or something. She lives interstate and self manages so just put up with it. They were absolute professionals and did such a scam on her about the carpet, they wanted it, but got her to agree to pay half, she flew down and chose top quality carpet with them and left them to get itlaid. They sent her half of the bill which she paid, when she came down to have a look at it, it was the cheapest carpet and she had obviously paid the lot. What scam artists. They finally left and she has had 2 guys in for years and nothing ever goes wrong.

Hi all
been away for a while . back now. Just had to add 2c to this one.
It always starts with careful tenant selection and ends with treating them well. good people respond well, snakes always bite no matter what, it's their nature.
cheers
crest133

Back